April 25, 2024, 09:04:18 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NO VOICE, NO DIALOGUE, no sounds of troops and battle  (Read 2924 times)
Undergroundzero
Troll

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2015, 02:29:37 PM »

Hello! First of all I am amazed that Dark Omen is still quite popular... there is website? forum? and there will be remake? What? I remember few years ago I went thru original game box and installed the game. It did not work at all. Now even the disc is unreadable.

Few days ago I reminded the game and I found on internet "Warhammer Dark Omen XP-Vista-7 (eng-ger-fra)" - version which after some no-disk-fixing works very ok, I installed only english version and I am playing without 3D (I have nVidia though) and without animated cursor. This does not bother me at all.

What bothers me is that I cannot hear the sounds and sound effects in battle and videos. I CAN HEAR MUSIC! Hearing what commanders are trying to tell you is quite important in missions. Music is okay, but it is not enough.

I have: Win7 64bit and Yamaha soundcard, better call it audiointerface - since I have the computer in music studio. I thought card may affect the sounds cause it works native in 24bit mode, so I cannot technically switch it to 16bit. Anyway Windows does not giving me much option how to set a card, since it has own drivers.
Undergroundzero
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 03:04:42 PM »

PROBLEM (partly) SOLVED

Now I just got it! Because my soundcard is multichannel, I had windows sound output, by own reasons, send to channels 3/4. I tried to send windows output to channel 1/2 and now the sounds works.

Downside is that now I cannot hear the music, but I can live with it.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 08:01:54 PM »

Hi and welcome, yeah Dark Omen lives on and great time to join in the fun,  hope to see you online for some multiplayer, after you have warmed up playing the Campaign

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: