March 29, 2024, 08:25:52 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New to Dark Omen, shimmering when panning ok? (Win10)  (Read 2452 times)
UmbrellaBarnacles
Troll

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2018, 03:09:12 PM »

Hey, I never played Dark Omen before so I am not sure how exactly it's supposed to look or function when working correctly. The game is running in 3D mode.

I got it working on Windows 10 by following the guide posted here and I noticed that when I pan the camera around the map the pixels on the screen do a shimmering effect (looks a bit like looking at the game trough TV static). This effect gets progressively worse as I zoom out the camera. If I don't there is no effect. Another way of describing it might be that it looks like an extreme form of aliasing.

I tried checking YouTube videos but the video compression is too bad to determine if the effect is there. I have seen multiple mentions of screen flickering on the forums but I am unsure if what I am describing is the same issue or not.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:03:32 PM »

Hi and welcome, the camera has been modded to allow extreme zoom out, which does cause the symptoms you describe. It's an old game engine from 1997 which is why the Dark Omen Reborn is being made

http://forum.dark-omen.org/general-suggestions/dark-omen-reborn-t1393.0.html;msg14468#msg14468

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
UmbrellaBarnacles
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 01:21:34 PM »

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up, I suspected that might be the case but I wanted to make sure that the game was running correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: