March 28, 2024, 01:46:07 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Modify armies for singleplayer campaign  (Read 5702 times)
wendigo
Night Goblin

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2021, 03:08:02 PM »

Greetings.
I have the wh32edit.
But once I'm done tweaking my army, where do I save it too in which folder?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 03:26:19 PM by wendigo » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 07:47:26 PM »

Hi and welcome,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\GameData\1PARM\PLYR_ALL.ARM

http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns/how-to-create-new-mods-and-campaigns-t1251.0.html;msg12683#msg12683

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 11:56:25 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
wendigo
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 09:49:20 PM »

Thanks for reply. I have done my edits, but when I try to overwrite that file with my new one, I get this error here.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 11:55:26 PM »

Sounds like a lack of Windows permission to that folder, so save to your documents folder to test. You will probably have to right click on the C:\Program files(x86)\Dark Omen folder and select Properties and grant/edit your own User account to have full permission.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
wendigo
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 10:28:13 AM »

You are right. I saved to documents, and no error.
I right clicked on dark omen folder properties, and I have set the permission. And now no more of that error.

I want to make the singleplayer enemies stronger. Which files I have to edit for that?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\GameData\2parm
I went to here and tryed to edit goblin1 to 3 and undead1 to 3. But I saw no increase, when I tryed to expand their size.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 12:41:17 PM »

C:\Program Files(x86)\Dark Omen\Game Data\1PBAT\B101\B101NME.ARM for each map

wendigo
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 02:03:35 PM »

Thanks. I individually modified each NME.ARM for each mission, and increased enemy squad size with 4 extra units for each. Expect shaman, spider, scorpion, dread king, chariot, hand of nagash and enemy catapults.

Should provide a good challenge  Grin
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 02:54:57 PM »

Sounds tough but cool!

Smiley

wendigo
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 11:14:35 AM »

Question.
I did read the pdf about controls. But not everything is working?
I press S during battle for strength boost, but nothing happens. Have to click it on the hud icon.

I also seem not to be able to cycle fast between my units. Have to manually select each with mouse.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 01:53:13 PM by wendigo » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 01:57:50 PM »

Will have to retest later tonight but does sound familiar that the S keyboard button doesn't boost but can remember being able to fast cycle/select different troops.

wendigo
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 02:21:10 PM »

I know on the ps1 version, you can quickly cycle through your troops. So you can react faster, either in combat to boost their strength or just to navigate them around.

I tryed pressing every key on my keyboard, but did not see any changes, to quick cycle between units.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 06:10:45 PM »

Can confirm keyboard cycling does work using < & >  for your own troops and Shift & < > to cycle through the enemy. Maybe if on a laptop you have to press the Function FN key to activate? 

* DO cycle through units and enemy.jpg (306.22 KB. 1305x844 - viewed 282 times.)

wendigo
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 07:31:21 PM »

hmmm no it is not working for me. I tryed pressing FN on my laptop first and then the < > key, nothing happened.

I use scandinavian / danish keyboard on my laptop. But I tryed pressing everything too as far as I know. Any ideas? Or is there a way to remap controls?

EDIT: I found out, I just have to press these two here, to cycle between my units.

EDIT: My grudgebringer infantry got their ass kicked in mission 1 against the first goblin infantry army. The goblins had 21 units after my buff. I pressed the str button untill full. But my grudgebringer infantry went on rereat. Not a good sign  Grin

« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:48:04 PM by wendigo » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 07:48:29 PM »

Cool!

Smiley

wendigo
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2021, 08:38:02 AM »

Is there any way to add enemy units to your own side?
Would be quite amazing to have giant spiders and scorpions to have.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: