March 28, 2024, 11:35:00 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Map Texture Problem  (Read 5616 times)
Rockytop
Troll

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2019, 09:49:54 AM »

HI everyone. Grin
I'm a fan of warhammer world and recently i have found my copy of dark omen.
I have followed all the guide and after many tries the game start without problem.
But there is only one problem i can't solve, the map has a strange color and different purple triangles appear on the map texture(expecially on the not flat terrain). Not only in the base game but also in the game mod.
I had this problem even at the first installation on my win10, but i thought that the cause was the flickering.
I have searched in all the forum for an answer, but i didn't find it Undecided
I hope someone can help me Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 06:46:16 PM »

HI and welcome,

try in game options 3d mode instead of CPU

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/strange-colors-and-flickering-help-t1499.0.html

and if that doesn't work, then I can remote in to see what you missed during the install.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Rockytop
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 10:13:16 AM »

HI and welcome,

try in game options 3d mode instead of CPU

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/strange-colors-and-flickering-help-t1499.0.html

and if that doesn't work, then I can remote in to see what you missed during the install.

Smiley

Thanks for the answer  Grin
today i have started the game to check it.
The screen started flickering but with the crashfix it has stopped, can't say the same for the map texture.
I tried check the option and i noticed that i can't switch some banner:
-TEXTURE FLITERING
-SPRITE FILTERING
-RENDER DEVICE
They appears a bit darker then the others.
If you know how to fix this i'll be grateful to you, but if we can't solve this we can try the remote control   Smiley

P.s. i don't know if that can be useful, but the speaking characters appear as the same as the map texture(all triangles and strange color), i can try to share a screen of the game if it can help
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 08:40:02 PM »

As the guide says - it works fine on all Windows 7/8 & 10 so you have probably missed a vital step or not using a UK English Version CD.

Install Teamviewer 13 and message me your credentials so I can remote in and check.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 02:28:51 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Rockytop
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 12:47:18 AM »

thanks you, i'll install that, let me know when you're there to try.
I live in italy so I don't know what time will be where you live, message me to decide when check the game Grin
TarCat
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 01:42:01 PM »

Have the exact same issue.

Win10, done all the install and fiddeling with engrel.exe (it doesnt start properly at all if you dont put everything correct)

It starts wonderfully now, even mods and campaign and all.
Working flawless.

However, my map textures are also glitched, some form of triangles (some actual greend and proper, some form of brownish) - and i cant select 3d Mode in the options.

Any fix found for that one yet?

Edit: soldiered through with massive losses just to look what else doesnt work quite right - the portraits both during fight and in camp are also glitched out graphically.

Edit2: EVERYONE HAVING THIS - After all of the Ultimate Guide, USE dgVodoo with the settings provided in the guide. That fixed it for me, finally. Yes, the portraits are still a little bit glitched, but the map is fixed!
Now, on to kicking some greenskin arses...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 02:04:11 PM by TarCat » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 07:42:32 PM »

Hi and welcome.

Can you confirm you are using a UK version of the CD and running Setup.exe to Run as Administrator by right clicking it. Did you try just testing in Full 3d mode instead of CPU mode with the in game Options?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 02:30:15 PM by olly » Logged

TarCat
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 07:21:28 PM »

Hi Olly,

as i wrote in the previous post, 3d mode is grayed out and not choosable for me.
Dont know why, everything else is working 100%.

Also did a full playthrough since then  Grin
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 09:26:29 PM »

Cool, glad you got it working via dgVodoo (did importing the registry not enable 3d mode?). See you on GameRanger for some multiplayer fun, sometime.

Smiley
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:58:07 PM by olly » Logged

TarCat
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 12:42:56 PM »

Nope, without the registry, it had the startup crash AND totally glitched out video.

With the registry, it at least had correct video and started, but the map was glitched out still (and character portraits)

With VodooDG, the map was fine, the portraits are still slightly glitched out, but meh, i'll deal with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: