March 29, 2024, 03:41:51 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Making videos of DO  (Read 51309 times)
RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 06:34:14 AM »

When I first joined this community (before a PC melt wrecked my work on a campaign and made me quit for months) I was using CamStudio for recordings seeing as I never worked out how to allow FRAPS to record my desktop.

Fast forward to the present day and now I've finally sorted FRAPS so that it can record... Well, anything! Even the desktop.
I ironically re-installed Dark Omen yesterday for nostalgia purposes and gave it a go - And even uploaded a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWruO9Iz2Ig

Sadly, I'm one of many who are forced to play on CPU (Not 3D) so the GFX are at their worst - And, of course, no way to increase the resolution from 640x480 - But with a tiny tweak in Adobe Premiere, I feel the movie quality is at least... Watchable despite being increased to 1280x720 (any bigger and it'd have been super-blurry).

Are there any 3D/CPU fixes (I'm on Windows 7) other than using a Win7 Emulator?

For those who have FRAPS but find they can't get it to record Dark Omen, be sure to enable Windows "Themes", then allow FRAPS option to "Monitor Aero Desktop (DWM)" for it to record the desktop rather than the game. Works fine.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 10:55:02 PM »

Appreciate the tips and cool video. Thanks to Aqrit we can now play Dark Omen in full 3d mode, using Windows 7 and  8/8.1 if you have an NVidia graphics card.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/3d-mode-and-win8-dark-omen-t1164.0.html

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: