April 24, 2024, 02:25:43 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I remember the game being much much easier  (Read 6649 times)
vonzuchter
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2015, 06:49:55 PM »

Hello to everybody. I recently downloaded this awesome game , one of my favorites of the 90's. After struggling to getting it to work (i am no tech geek) I finally made it and spend the entire afternoon playing. Is this version Dark_Omen_(English)_XP-Vista-7 messed or patched in the difficulty level? I remember the game being MUCH easier than this. I get slaughtered and can;t survive the first two missions. I dont remember this game being so difficult. Is there a way to put the original difficulty back on through editing a registry file or somthing like that? It cant be that difficult.
vonzuchter
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 06:54:51 PM »

or am I just getting older and starting to suck at videogames?
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 07:24:04 PM »

You are just getting old.
It's just important you keep your enemy at distance. Shoot with your archers and artillery and kill the remaining with infantry. This keeps your casulties low.

vonzuchter
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 09:28:52 PM »

I played again got killed again.. I am giving up. How am I supposed to keep them away. They keep charging. I kill the first wave and then second wave destroys me. Man how did we play these 80's and 90's games. So tough. no clear mind now... I'll try tommorow again and then give up
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 09:44:46 PM »

Welcome,

Try watching Ghabry's tactics as he plays through the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqNFrmYwhCg

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
vonzuchter
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 10:11:58 PM »

lol thx for the advice... i watched the video and its NOTHING like my version of the game... there must be some kind of mode activated. 1-1 trading post when I play I get 8 enemy regiments attacking at the same time from all sides. On mission 1-2 there are 10 regiments attacking. I searched the menus there is no difficulty setting. So it must be a mode. And AI is definatly NOT 1998 AI... its smarter than the latest Rome II total war...
vonzuchter
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 10:16:12 PM »

thx man for posting the video... it was a super hard mode activated after all... I can;t have that bad of a memory. I'm still 35 I would have remembered if the game was that tough.  Tongue
thx for the help
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 10:30:45 PM »

Try our Mods and then you can play many alternate campaigns against original and hard AI

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qmxd9l9dfgdmodd/DOModTemplate.zip

Please download and use our in game Mod selector. Rename your original PRG_ENG folder to PRG_ENGOrig and then extract or copy/paste the 3 new folders into Dark Omen folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 10:34:27 AM »

Now I'm really curious what is contained in this Dark_Omen_(English)_XP-Vista-7 release.

If it is a modded version you should have an option "Select Mod" in the main menu. You can switch there to "Default Campaign".

Use the release "Warhammer Dark Omen XP-Vista-7 (eng-ger-fra)" or the one from oldgames.ru

thelastarmada
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 12:41:39 PM »

I played this mostly on PSX and ill tell you the AI was much easier then PC.

But as stated wittleing the larger enemies down then charging into melee
vonzuchter
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 01:47:50 PM »

Now I'm really curious what is contained in this Dark_Omen_(English)_XP-Vista-7 release.

If it is a modded version you should have an option "Select Mod" in the main menu. You can switch there to "Default Campaign".

Use the release "Warhammer Dark Omen XP-Vista-7 (eng-ger-fra)" or the one from oldgames.ru

there was a mod I believe It was preactivated , there was an option select mode but i didnt think it would be preactivated. I selected "original game" and problem solved. It also contained a lot of saves . The installation was in spanish. The mods name was WDOHARDMODE... insane diffculty. Won the first two battles but had no gold to replenish troops for the third... I wonder if has anone beat that mode. Its super hard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: