March 28, 2024, 10:55:26 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I can't play dark omen  (Read 16828 times)
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 05:11:23 AM »

Well, first of all, my apologize for my english, i'am from Argentina and we talk Spanish (man, i'dont understand a f** word of the German that you write, if i go there one day i will have to study hard the leanguaje, and i hope i can do it, great soccer, great beers, great boobs Shocked ¡er i mean beautiful women's! Grin

Ok, now to the point; i think i have exactly the same problem that Sonansu and i think we are not gonna be the last who have it. So before i explain all my periple with this new problem for the Vista users, lets see if i can help;

Sonansu; try go to Start-Programs-Darkomen-Darkomen Hardware Troubleshooter. There i make many things without sense and for that i dont know exactly how is that i solve the problem (oh yes thats the good news, the problem can be resolve, but with pacience, remember a lesson that i learn soon in my life "Nothing is easy, but nothing is impossible")
For now try selecting the option "NO i need to use the Trouble..." and there select one of the patchs that appears when you click in the arrow to the left and up: ATI, 3DLABS,anyone. Select it and pulse OK, now pray to some saint of your devotion and execute DO. If this works remember all the steps to WIn XP, specially the Cursor not color, if don't work, burn a church of the saint and let me know it, then i will put here all the things i did and may be togheter we can find what is the right move to make to solve the thing, bye.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »

great soccer, great beers, great boobs

You're right, Germany is great Wink

Joking aside.

man, i'dont understand a f** word of the German that you write

We try to translate the hole page into English and searching for other native Speakers, who can translate the page into their native tongue (interessted? Wink)

Thanks for your quick-guide, I hope it will help numerous players to get Dark Omen work.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 11:52:19 AM »

UNDO the Crash FIX

Delete the Electronics Arts Registrty Folder

Start->Run->Regedit and search for Electronic Arts

since all the crash fix does is.....

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Dark Omen\1.0\Options\Options]
"Selected"="1"
"SoftwareSelected"="228"

Remember to uninstall the Game first and Delete the C:\Program Files\DarkOmen folder and delete Registry entry and reboot->Reinstall and on "first time u run the game" (very important) Go straight to Options and change to CPU and choose NOT to use Coloured Cursors.

Smiley

You will have to meet our other Argentinian member Lordbrapus

ramirobelakor@hotmail.com

he would love to chat with you

Smiley
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 12:04:45 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 12:10:19 AM »

Tx Olly, i will sent him a mail and see what happens. By now i already fix the problem with the DO Troubleshooter but all the help is welcome, tx again.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: