March 28, 2024, 06:19:32 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 4593 times)
Sardaukar
Troll

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2017, 10:29:20 PM »

Hi, wow cool community site! I've been playing DO and SOTHR a lot some time at the end of the last millennium Wink I guess they were among the best games I've ever played and besides, I used to play WHFB at that time.
So, after installing DO again on my PC and starting to play, I came across 2 problems. I'd be glad for help:

1. After browsing the forum for a few days... do I get it right that the 3D mode can only be activated if you have a NVIDIA graphic card? Is there any possibility to get it work with my ATI Radeon?
2. After finding and picking up magical items (chest symbol that certain enemy units drop after being defeated) they don't show up anywhere, neither in the magical inventory of the unit nor in the troop overview after the battle. It's just as if I hadn't found anything... Sad

Cheers from Austria!
sylvio
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 02:27:09 PM »

Hi and welcome, always good to hear a Warhammer veteran enjoying Dark Omen & SOTHR. Concerning full 3d mode for ATI card, just follow the guide as it contains all the necessary fixes and if your card is compatible, then 3d mode will work successfully.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

As for the missing magical items, are you using our mod pack and if so, then are they disappearing in a certain mod or in the original game?

Thanks

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:40:09 AM »

2. After finding and picking up magical items (chest symbol that certain enemy units drop after being defeated) they don't show up anywhere, neither in the magical inventory of the unit nor in the troop overview after the battle. It's just as if I hadn't found anything... Sad
The chests aren't items, they're money. Wink Items appear as swords, banners, shields or talismans. You don't actually have to pick up items or chests, any on the field at the end of the battle are automatically picked up. The only advantage to picking up chests is to stop enemies picking them up and running off with them.
Sardaukar
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 04:04:33 PM »

Hi, thanks for your tips! Aye, chests seem to be gold actually Wink Just couldn't remember after so many years...

As for the 3D problem. Yes, I followed the guide and installed both 64bit registry (my OS is Windows 10) and the ModPack (oct. 2016). The game itself works fine, but I can't switch to 3D-mode in the options.
Maybe any experience with a AMD Radeon HD5700?

cheers
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 05:54:54 PM »

Your HD 5770 card maybe too old (2009), as so far 3d mode has only been confirmed to have worked with a Radeon R9 280X (2013).

However, having the 3d option greyed out, sounds like you installed our old Intro Crash Fix which isn't necessary to do anymore, due to recent mod pack fixes. Therefore compare and contrast with my Win10 3d Dark Omen registry settings.

* DOreg3d.jpg (140.4 KB. 730x726 - viewed 623 times.)

There is further hope in the future, by using Aqrit's suggestion of dgvoodoo 2.45

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/3d-mode-and-win87-dark-omen-t1164.0.html;msg13231#msg13231

However, we broke it unintentionally whilst getting the Mod packs to work with Game Ranger, so needs fixing by one of our highly skilled modders, sometime.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: