March 29, 2024, 04:51:48 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game worked fine a couple weeks ago, now flicker  (Read 10462 times)
TK1077
Giant Spider

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2017, 07:30:13 PM »

Alright, so I had the game working just fine and didn't play for a couple weeks and now it is flickering and half the screen is purpleish.  I've done everything in the instructions and I can't figure it out now. 

Windows 10
nvidia GTX 980 ti
Game installed from disc
All settings set correctly and run as administrator

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »

Hi and welcome,

download and install the registry settings

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

and also disable your antivirus and firewall in case they are blocking our .dlls necessary to run on Windows 10. The flickering and purple happens when you don't have the correct compatibility settings or when our .dlls are not allowed to work. 

Let us know how you get on and don't despair as it worked before

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
TK1077
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 11:31:30 AM »

I have no idea what's wrong.  It is still doing it.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 02:59:21 PM »

This actually happened to me this morning (maybe due to the recent large Windows 10 update). The fix I found was to move our darkpatch.dll into a new folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\PRG_ENG\New folder

and then start the game up (which started fine without the purple flickering screen) and then I copied darkpatch.dll back into

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\PRG_ENG

and the game worked fine again.

Smiley

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 04:28:31 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
TK1077
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 09:05:42 PM »

Tried this and got this error:

The code execution cannot proceed because darkpatch.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 02:34:51 PM »

Replace our EngRel.exe with the original one and then put darkpatch.dll in a new folder and start the game once and then replace darkpatch.dll and try again please.

TK1077
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 07:34:48 PM »

Now it starts, but still flickering.  When I go to play, it says the CD Rom is missing.  It is not.  It's in the PC.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 07:36:26 PM »

Paste our mod pack EngRel.exe back into PRG_ENG folder, as all we are trying to do is reset it, by returning to original configuration and then back to mod again.

TK1077
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 09:42:49 PM »

Still flickering and double screen.  I'm pretty frustrated. Angry
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 10:22:23 PM »

I can always remote in using TeamViewer to fix, just join our chat channel but I will only be uninstalling and reinstalling and following the Help Fix guide again. Checking your antivirus or Firewall or User account Control, isn't stopping anything and then reinstalling the Dark the Omen registry keys etc.

Compare your NVidia settings

* DONVidia.jpg (222.01 KB. 1024x897 - viewed 610 times.)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:47:37 PM by olly » Logged

TK1077
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 01:03:45 AM »

I'm going to look into this.  All these problems started after my last Nvidia driver update.
TK1077
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 01:56:42 PM »

I can always remote in using TeamViewer to fix, just join our chat channel but I will only be uninstalling and reinstalling and following the Help Fix guide again. Checking your antivirus or Firewall or User account Control, isn't stopping anything and then reinstalling the Dark the Omen registry keys etc.

I'd like to set up a time for this.  EST time
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 03:42:50 PM »

Anytime time now or tomorrow between 09:00am - 15:00pm EST

Just join our Chat Channel and say hello and have your Teamviewer 12 ID ready for me to connect

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#dark-omen:matrix.org

Smiley

TK1077
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »

Today is good.  On now, but nobody there.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 03:31:52 PM »

I'm there and here now

Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: