March 29, 2024, 01:05:44 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flickering in Windows 10  (Read 6309 times)
bennymcl
Giant Spider

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2015, 04:48:50 AM »

Hey guys

So I downloaded the new mod pack for Nov 2015 but it seems no matter what settings I try, I am still getting flickering when I start the game. Is there something I missed? Would be nice if there was a definitely dedicated page for the guide! Seems like jumping around from post to post means it's very easy to miss something :S

Thanks
B
bennymcl
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 05:02:19 AM »

Also, every time I try to start the game now, it will work the first time, but when I exit and restart, I get an error telling me my installation is corrupt... what the what?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks guys

B
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 09:50:38 AM »

Sounds like a dodgey download as had same with a new user yesterday with Win10. After he used a proper original version of Dark Omen it all worked fine. This is assuming you have already followed the help guide and set the compatibility settings of EngRel.exe (In PRG_ENG folder) to run As Administrator and in 16bit colour with 640x screen resolution.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
bennymcl
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 08:18:47 PM »

Yeah, I tried all of that but nothing seemed to work.

It's strange that it would be the download though because it's the same download file I used about 8 months ago and at that time it seemed to work fine (though I was not on Windows 10 .. )
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 09:53:43 PM »

I can Teamviewer onto your pc and reinstall/Check everything like corrupted registry settings, if you want.

Smiley
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:32:47 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
bennymcl
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 03:19:27 AM »

Sounds like a plan to me! I gotta brush up so I can kick your butt, Olly Tongue haha

How about sometime after Christmas? =D
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 09:17:22 PM »

I remoted in via Teamviewer and we reinstalled Dark Omen and then the mod packs and everything works fine and in 3d!

Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: