April 23, 2024, 08:57:36 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fix did't work! Crashes after intro  (Read 15399 times)
guerrero
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2011, 07:09:36 PM »

Hi!
I'm realy happy that i found this site!
But i got a problem..

(I'm using Windos 7)
My Dark Omen worked perfectly untill I, by misktake, turned ON the colred mouse option.
When I start the game/program it craches after the intro movie (or when you interupt it by klicking).
The sound of the Main Menu starts but the last image is left on the screen and the program won't answer comands.

I tried "The Intro Crash Fix " but it dosn't work. I'm not sure that I did it right though.
I extracted the files in a map in "documents" (not in any of the maps in Dark Omen) and double klicked the "do_crashfix" file.
I cliked "yes" when it asked me if I whanted to run teh program. Nothing realy happend..
I tried to klick the "do_crashfix_64bit" and klicked "yes". But same, nothing realy happend..

Is anyone familliar with this problem or might now how to use "The Intro Crash Fix "
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 02:45:20 PM »

Please check your Registry entries

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Dark Omen\1.0\Options\Options
    "Selected"="1"
    "SoftwareSelected"="228"

and since it did work fine before you chose Coloured Cursors you could uninstall and reinstall again and reapply all fixes.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
guerrero
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 05:36:37 PM »

I hade a CD of the game but it did't work so I downloaded the game.
I did't hade to mount the files on any CDs or anything (I don't know how to do that...)
So what I downloaded was some kind of pakage with all files needed to play the game.
There is a file that gives you the option to install or uninstall the game but there is no way to reinstall it.
If I unistall it, all the files disepears... whitch is wierd.. (I took a copy of all the files before i did that)
guerrero
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »

And what is:

I can't find that address
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 10:58:18 AM »

querrero, you ho to go

Start (button at the left-bottom of screen)  > Run > and type here "regedit"

then you will see treelike vew of the "folders" where you can follow to
    "Selected"="1"
    "SoftwareSelected"="228"

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
guerrero
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 02:09:51 PM »

Ok, thx!

"Selected" is equal to 1
and "SoftwareSelected" is equal to 228

Does that help?
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »

...deleted...

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 09:42:03 PM »

Are you on Win 7 64bit ?  

Uninstall game and delete Dark Omen folders from Registry and Program Files, then reinstall, apply Intro crash fix and since it worked first time, it should work again. This time go straight to Options and ensure it is set to CPU and not 3D and that coloured cursors are off.

Please let us know how u get on.... there is no reinstall although before uninstalling you could try Install again to overwrite any files and then test but remember to reapply the Intro Crash Fix before starting the game for the first time.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
guerrero
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 12:22:23 AM »

I will try what you told me.

I'm on Windows Starter 32-bit
guerrero
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 01:14:36 AM »

Some thing is realy wrong...

I tryed what you told me and it didn't work.

The thing is that the Elektronicarts folder is gone in the registery even though i installed the game again.

The install of the game dosen't seem to be a propper install.
The folder with the game is cotaining all files i need to play the game.
There is a file that is supposed to install the game. When I run it, a black window appers
and it shows the status of the insntall or something and it sais like:

"Access denied
Access denied
Access denied
Access denied
Access denied
Access denied
Access denied"...etc

And then it sais: "instalation complete"....

Kind of the same thing happens when I try t uninstall the game. But all the files in the Dark Omen foldert disappears, leaving it empty in "programs files".

The only way of "Installing the gme" is to move the folder to program files and then klick install.
The file that installs the game just leaves all the files where they are. It never asks vere to install it..

Acctuly I can start the game without installing it first. I can run the game from documents, just by klicking the allredy existing
file "EngRel.exe". (It still get's stuck after the intro...)

I guess i should try to download a propper vertion of the game. It's just that it worked perfectly before...

My Fire Wall just blocked "EngRel.exe" what hte hell dose that mean?

This is a mess..
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 01:38:17 AM »

Yep, it sounds horrible, shame as usually there is no problem with Win7 and Dark Omen as you know when it first worked.

I'm hoping you are following the Help Install/Fix Guide ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvista-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Try right clicking the Install and running as Administrator and when it reinstalls, find EngRel.exe (found in C:\Program Files\Dark Omen\PRG_ENG or similar for Win 7 32bit) and also right click that and run as Administrator (after you've applied the Win7 Intro crash fix)

Also press Esc as Dark Omen starts to skip the Intro Movie and download/install the NO Cd patch

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/start-download/5.-miscellaneous/no-cd-patcher.html

You can also try ALT Tab and its fix

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/view-details/5.-miscellaneous/vista-/-windows-7-crash-fix.html

You will also have to allow EngRel.exe (found in C:\Program Files\Dark Omen\PRG_ENG)  in your Firewall (Control Panel or when it pops up warning that it has blocked it running.

Try another download or better still buy it from EBay but basically we need to get a Dark Omen folder installed in Program Files of your Hard Drive, a Dark Omen folder in the Registry and the Intro crash fix applied before running the game as Adminstrator by right clicking on EngRel.exe (found in C:\Program Files\Dark Omen\PRG_ENG or similar for Win 7 32bit).

Smiley
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:52:38 AM by olly » Logged

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 09:08:50 AM »

Hello guerrero is WARRIOR in spanish, so iguess guerrero habla espaƱol? Cheesy
guerrero
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 02:33:11 PM »

Hi again!

I found the propper install file and installed the game with succes.

I then added the intro fix ("Selected" was = 1 and "Softwereselected" was = 228 before i added it)
But it did't work

I then added the "no cd patcher" and I can now start the game.
In options the colored mouse was off and it whas set to CPU so I did't change anything.

But I'm runing the game with the problems mentioned below:

I can only run the game as administrator. It gets stuck after the intro if i run it normaly.

The game is realy slow! Everything has to load for for several seconds. Even the smallest thing as that the line you
   keep the mouse over turns red in the main menu. That takes about 2-3 sec.

I can start a campaign and deploy my troops but when I start the game it gets stuck (or has to load for ages, i don't know)

In addition, all sound is gone. No sound in the intro, main menu or the campaign.

I also found out that Dark Omen doesn't exist in "Kontrollpanelen\Program\Program och funktioner"
   (In english: "Controll panel\Program\Program and functions")
   But it exists in Windows Start menu/All programs

I realy appreciate your help!!
Thaks a lot!
guerrero
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 02:58:27 PM »

I just discoverd that Dark Omen appears twice in "Windows Firewall\Allowed programs"
(I allowed both of them)
guerrero
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »

Ok, obviosly I hade some serious problem so I made a total recovary of my computer and istalled the game agan and it works perfectly again!! So happy!
Did't even needed any patches or fixes!

Can't wait to play online with you guys!

Thx for all help!
Love this site!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: