March 28, 2024, 06:43:08 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "EngRel.exe is not a valid Win32 application" on Vista... HELP!?!?  (Read 7976 times)
Cov99
Troll

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2009, 11:51:33 AM »

I get that message whe launching EngRel.exe as administrator,  .dll fix file already copied.
What can I do?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:46:05 PM »

If you have followed my guide

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvista-game-fixes-t111.0.html

and still have problems, then I would suggest it was your version of Dark Omen, unless you are using

an original CD. As it sounds like the .exe is corrupt, perhaps.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 11:05:10 PM »

if u have an original cd and problem keeps occuring maybe try and download the game(i think if u have original its legal to download a copy of it)to make sure ur cd isnt broken or something like that.
Cov99
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 02:03:41 AM »

Where can I download the game?
Thanks for your replies
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 02:32:19 AM »

You can buy it at Ebay for example.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 02:15:59 PM »

i dont think people will feel comfortable giving away where u can download games,since normaly downloading games is illegal(copyright)

but is anyone here more informed about if its illegal to download if u own a legal version of the game?

cause the way i understand it,if u for example own a cd and then dl the content for it again it is legal since u have payed for the content anyway

if someone knows more about such laws pls leave a comment,then i will gladly send u private message with a place u can download the game,but when i dont know for sure im not comfortable with sending u down a maybe illegal path.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »

Due the fact, that we have to follow the german law with this homepage, it's illegal to download the game (also if you own the cd). But you're allowed to make a copy of your cd and use it by yourself, as long as you don't give it away.

Cause we're (I'm) responsible for the content on this page, don't post or send illegal sources.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 06:20:11 PM »

thats what i wanted to know Smiley

and i dont have a copy of the game online myself,but i have ran into some.

it would probably be best to order a new copy of the game via ebay.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 06:54:29 AM »

i dont think that original game developers/authors/company still selling copies of DO.

and even if they do, buying game from e-bay means buying from private person, thus, DO authors willn't get their part fo income anyway, so there is no big sense to buy this software cause you don't buy product from original producers and they dotn get their margin. i mean, basically, yes, you have to go with a law; but there is no ethic obligations for buying it.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 12:14:57 PM »

that is a good point avalet.

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 12:13:31 PM »

no one will die for that :S i laughd when i rode "we have to follow the german law with this homepage" . you wish here in argentina the law restrict ppl to link downloads of software ahaha Tongue

ito maquiesves
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: