March 29, 2024, 07:30:28 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Edited .exe file with all campaign missions in chain  (Read 6460 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2015, 03:21:54 PM »

Hi guys,
I have not been here for a long while. Nostalgia harrowed me and I wanna play Dark Omen again a bit.
Before I find my old edited versions, I wanna ask the following:

Is there a version of executive DO file that would contain default campaign with all alternative missions aligned in 1 chain to pass them all?
When I edited my 'Chaos Dwarves' campaign I managed to make all missions available, but the thing is I edited a lot of other stuff in the same file: unit names, disabled/enabled units in different parts of campaign etc.

And it has been too long and I do not remember how I edited all that stuff.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:19:15 PM »

Welcome back Cuthalion,

i don't think such a campaign mod exists where it offers all maps in 1 straight line without alternate route choices but great idea! I will post some reminders about how we used to do create mods like your excellent Chaos Dwarf campaign.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 06:52:57 AM »

Well, such a straight campaign exists at least in Chaos Dwarves mod Smiley Just my problem is I forgot everything about editing. I believe, if I copy-paste part that is responsible for jumping between missions from Chaos Dwarves EngRel.exe
into original EngRel.exe but do not touch army names and other stuff, I get original campaign but with all missions avaiable.
Olly could you hint me  where I can read about EngRel.exe structure or something?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 07:45:50 PM »

Just examining your Chaos Dwarf Mod to remind us how you achieved such a work of art!

Will post findings soon.

Smiley
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:26:05 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 07:57:17 PM »

In the meanwhile you can load a custom script from a file. No exe editing needed anymore.

See the first post of the mod selector.
The part about "To load a custom WHMTG script"

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 08:37:12 PM »

Totally agree with using Ghabry's latest Mod selector to harness the power of Aqrit's WHMTG script, such as in the Rise of The Dead 2 alternate campaign by Malus, for any future mods that want to alter the cut-scene and campaign map flow

http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns/rise-of-the-dead-2-beta-t1252.0.html

and there are 40 differences I found examining your ChaosDwafEngRel.exe with an original EngRel.exe using HxD hex editor File Compare function

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m21fcldzoa6xh1d/DOChaosDwarfModEngRelCompare.zip?dl=0

Myself and Illidan (creator of World of Steam new Mod) have also been busy converting Dark Elves from Call of Warhammer 3d models and Skaven from Shadow of the Horned Rat (and a few 40k). Our sprites are 140% enlarged (50px tall - 3dmode has 100px max height for Giants) to allow much more details (nice idea Illidan) which means we increased the size of the scenery 3d models like trees and houses to compensate (quick to do). We're combining all the mod tools together into a Super Mod Template for others to use, that will contain new maps, campaign flow, sprites and 3d heads/ Cut scenes. So would be great if we all join together to complete the Super Mod please, so we can finally have all the Warhammer Races in their own lands in campaigns/multiplayer. What new projects did u have in mind to make?

Thanks

Smiley
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:50:03 PM by olly » Logged

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 08:12:25 AM »

2Olly
Well, I am not sure I am up to intensive work quite yet. Kids, family stuff etc Wink . However I am trying to recall things about Warhammer, see what's going on and then find something I can contribute to.

2Ghabry
That's an interesting script. However to edit it is not as straightforward as it seems to be. Could you help me with it? A particular example:

default gameflow in part 4 (Mousillon):

battle B4_01
If (help Elrod)
 B4_05
 if (Elrod is not Dead)
  if (help Treeman)
   B4_06
  else
   B4_08
  endif
 else //Elrod died in battle
  goto Bretonia and continue with B4_02
 endif
else //Refuse to help Elrod
 B4_02
 B4_03
endif

B4_09 //Mission before Black Grail
B4_10 //Grail

I made a seemingly simple change: removed if-then-else that checks if Elrod is alive after B4_05 so it would go:

B4_05
either B4_06 or B4_08
then (as if Elrod died in B4_05) goto Bretonia part and B4_02

but what actually happened:
After b4_05, b4_06 and then final dialogue between Morgan and Klaus about death of Elrod and "no sense going on to Loren" the flow jumped to dialogue with Outlaw Pistoliers leader.
Meaning, even though if-then-else seemed to work correctly, some registers were set in a way that forced flow to jump to B4_09 none the less.
What did I do wrong?

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:18:48 AM by cuthalion » Logged
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »

Add on: Finally I managed to make flow go through all missions in Part 4. Though the way I did it is certainly not the best, jumps between scenes and map-dots do not go smoothly, but still...I am sure it is possible to make everything better...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: