April 18, 2024, 10:16:53 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dark Omen on Android devices  (Read 1564 times)
Daniele
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2022, 10:44:54 AM »

Hi everyone,

I need help  Cry

I would like to know if it is possible to run DO (PC Version) on android devices. I tried every way I could but with no results.

Hoping someone could help me I thank you in advance.

Daniele
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 10:49:55 AM »

Sounds good but I've never tried. Dark Omen can now run on Linux if that helps? Does Android have any emulators? 

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Daniele
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 11:44:11 AM »

I tried "Magic DosBox" and "DosBox Turbo" on Playstore, but nothing...It works if you download "ePsxe" and run it for playstation 1.

But honestly I would like to try it with the touch... Grin Grin

I will keep on triyng  Grin
Daniele
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2024, 09:22:55 AM »

Hi guys, it is passed a lot of time since this tipoc has been created.

I finally installed dark omen on andoird, but it not really easy. I still need a hand...

I used limbo pc emulator and a bootable WinXP iso. I also created an iso image with the setup files of DO and the game crack. All stuff you can easily find for free on the Internet. I'm doing several attempts, but I still have problems...

1) I can't install audio on WinXP...Do someone know how to install it? (With Limbo emulator)

2) I'm trying several configurations, but the game still sometimes crashes...I don't know if it's an emulator's problem or a game's problem...

If a good soul could and would help, maybe this time we could really try DO on android devices  Grin

Thanks, Daniele.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2024, 10:55:34 AM »

Well done for trying again and i can try in the next few weeks when I get some free time. Would be cool to get it working.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Daniele
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 07:30:12 PM »

I finally enabled the sound...I set an option (enable sound  Grin ) and I set another sound card.

Now problems are due to game crashes and OS slowness. It takes a lot of time to load the os (wrong settings??) and often the game crashes.

The first time I started it, it worked quite well (only cursors were flickering, but I set colored cursors and that worked), but now it crashes at the intro and when "preparing for battle". So I cannot test it anymore...

Hope it helps, Daniele.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 08:05:41 PM by Daniele » Logged
Daniele
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 08:48:45 AM »

Hi, finally the game works, but it's still too slow. I don't know if I set up wrong settings in the emulator, if it's the game itself, or if it's my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy A53, 6 giga ram and 128 memory).

I don't know how to load files and images here and if I can do that without causing problems, but if you like and need I can try to show you my configuration so we can start working on it together...

Hope ie helps, Daniele.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: