May 02, 2024, 04:52:58 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cant complete the installation.  (Read 695 times)
Falco
Troll

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2023, 05:51:21 PM »

When i attempt to run the set up. i'm required to use the task manager to end the setup processes that eventually stalls at 100% before i can choose a location for directory installation.  I'm on windows 11.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 06:33:43 PM by Falco » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 06:33:18 PM »

Hi, try

Turn off User Account Control in Control Panel and then reboot. If that doesn't work then try temporarily disabling your Antivirus software or allowing setup.exe with in it. Since it sounds like something is blocking its completion.

I can remote in via Teamviewer to troubleshoot further, if you like.  
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 06:55:24 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Falco
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 07:19:45 PM »

sent a message
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 03:10:22 PM »

Try right clicking on setup.exe to run as Administrator

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 10:40:17 PM »

Remoted in and found it was an Asus Framework process that kept interrupting the Setup.exe from installing. Despite ending the process on multiple Asus Framework processes within Task Manager they kept returning, even after stopping all Asus Services. So we had to temporarily uninstall the Asus Framework which immediately allowed Setup.exe to complete 100% successfully.

I have now included having to uninstall the other process in the Help Fix guide, if it keeps preventing Setup.exe from running and completing.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 04:08:59 PM by olly » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: