March 29, 2024, 08:53:11 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Damaged CD :(  (Read 24714 times)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 11:04:49 PM »

Update plez! Smiley

gatovaca17
Orc Boy

Jaque Mate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 08:33:35 AM »

I thought you all knew that I uploaded the Spanish CD 1month or so ago.
Since forum admins dont allowed the link to other DO forum, i wont post the url anymore.
And...please, do not ask me for it trough PM. Im bit angry about this, cant understand people asking for favors, and once they got the download link they do all to prevent the access for all other people.
more infor about this here.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2009, 10:50:19 AM »

srroy about it, dunno how to help you Sad

at least your avatar is pretty good Smiley

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »

Embarrassed daaaamn, i think i'm mading this reply a bit too late...

In August, just a few days after Gato had finished his upload of the Spanish version ISO, he gladly had give me the link to download it and i did it. The true is that i have some problems to fully play the SP DO, but i will post that in the spanish voices topic.

Using as an reason/excuse this problems that i have and that exactly in that moment my personal life got me to full time (that remains to this day)i don't even thanks him for all what he did, very shitty from my part (this sentence has any sense in english?  Tongue )

So, i made public my big gratitude to Gatovaca Cheesy (i don't use your real name because u don't have used it besides the PM Wink),for the time spent on the work, for the good mood that he always got for me and for all ours questions and in resume to all his epic travel around the beautiful lands of Spain in search for the lost grial (for me at least); the Spanish Darkomen Version  Shocked.

As always, i also thanx a lot all the efforts and the work that Bembelimen an Ghabry made for the existance of this great community  Cool.

And due to the work of all the mentioned, i, a simple player of a place that many don't know of his existance, that use the spanish lenguage mainly, after more than 10 years of uncertainty, have seen one of my main dreams may come true: play and enjoy the outstanding (and hilarius in some speeches  Grin ) Spanish version.

Now, i really don't understand the conflict that as emerge due to the legality of the post, i mean, i understand the "reasons" of both parts, but i think that it could had been resolved in a better way;

I understand that there is terms in the laws according to the post of links to download registered contents (i "believe" the words of the admins since i have not check this terms, maybe this is an error from my part) but according to the revolutionary times that we are experimenting i don't think that stand in a "Microsoft speech" (deleting without offer an alternative way, or made them public as i know that u have offer me an alternative; the sentences that have written; and putting Gato on an uncomfortable situation when he is mading freely a fantastic contribution to the community, as many other users of course, mainly under our petition and insistance) is a way to resolve this situation, and even less in a forum of this kind, don't matter the "legal bounds" in wich you (the admins), voluntary had been tied.

In the same way Gato, i understand your angry, but i don't share your insistance; the rules in the page are clear, and if you sign up u must respect them as we all do. Yes of course, u can try one time to put the link due to don't know exactly the terms, but once u are adverted it don't have any sense to continue with the thing, as we all know for the tecnology and specially to what internet regards, there is always another way to do it. For example here u have the PM, and if the PM with links are forbbiden, then we have the mails, and so on...

Last, is sad that other spanish players suffer the consecuences of this "eternal" discussion, and if the admins don't have any problem, and Gato have the generosity of maintain the uploaded file, any interested user can PM me and i will gladly find the way to "resolve the thing". In the case that this is not possible, just send me a mail.

For Bembe, Ghabry and Gato again many thanks for the efforts and the work, and all i can offer for now in retribution is that if for any bad twist of your fate u end falling in this land called Argentina, u will find in me a very good host (i'm not exagerating) that will show you that it's not so bad around here and an average player of Darkomen to have fun  Cool

Baez!

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2009, 11:16:36 PM »

Hi DJ, im fancy on playing the spanish version again. So many years. I miss it...
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2009, 11:41:35 PM »

You have a PM  Wink.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
Gliveon
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 11:27:59 PM »

hello all
sorry to bring out an old post but i am begging for help and you are my only hope...sorta
i played shadow of the horned rat long ago and loved it dearly,i always wished for newr version,i heard about dark omen later on but never got arounbd to trying it
well recently i found dark omen at a pawn shop and bought it right away
excited like a little kid at christmas i immediately went about installing and playing
 i have vista,meaning it wouldnt work right yet and used this site to help me get it running
thanks for that first off
well it wasnt long i found another problem,i played first mission with no problems but when the game tried to play some speech it froze,i played again restarting everything and same thing happened
i played again from start and this time i tried to skip as much of the speech as possible,it worked for a few missions but i got to a place where i could skip the speech part
i thought maybe if i installed the maximum version it might help
this is where i get into real trouble,it would get stuck and not install correct =((

ok so i decided to check my disk with a cdcheck and sure enough i got 35 errors all in the sound file
i tried to recover the damaged area with software to no avail,i also tryied buffing the disk without success
i googled to find this old game to possibly find it and sure i found it but guess what,the parts i needed were taken out to make the file smaller =((   any tips or help anyone? i know you dont allow it here and dont allow links either but any advise or suggestions would be helpful,i am totally excited to see the mods and campaigns you guys have made and hope to get this resolved
if not ty for your time

CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 12:11:10 AM »

It is out there on the internet. I'm sure it's avilable illegally in torrents, and legally elsewhere. I condone neither method. Just saying, they exist.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: