March 28, 2024, 09:41:06 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: D3drm.dll  (Read 22252 times)
kipponium
Troll

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2009, 09:06:33 PM »

Hi

Ive downloaded a copy of dark omen and installed it, then i followed your thread and unzipped the d3drm.dll file into the PRG_ENG folder but whenever i try to run ENGREL.exe it still complains that d3drm.dll was not found, I can bypass this by moving the ENGREL.exe file into the PRG_ENG folder however it then fails to run with the message that the installation had an error (i guess this is because the pathways are wromng or something)

Anyone got an idea as to how this could be fixed?

P.S im running it on vista 64-bit
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:13:09 PM »

EngRel.exe should be already in PRG_ENG.
You can place d3drm.dll either in the engrel.exe dir or in %windir%.

The error yo mentioned normally means that some folders are missing. Have you selected full install in the setup?

kipponium
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 01:58:25 PM »

Hmmm my download didnt have an install function, it merely used an extractor so im thinking that i possibly have a broken download; i know its illegal to post a link to a website here but is it illegal for someone to tell me the appropriate search terms and which website i would have to clickon to find a working download of the game?

Thanks for the help
Kip
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »

which website i would have to clickon to find a working download of the game?

click

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Elwin
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 03:21:44 PM »

Hello, I just wanted to say that i am running into exactly the same problem. I actually tried downloading the game from 2 different sites but the problem persists. I wonder if it is beacouse there are indeed files missing in both downloads or something else.

Any further ideas on how to counter or solve this problem?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 12:06:50 AM »

As Ghabry suggests, please check you are selecting Full Version when installing Dark Omen, so that you have these folders

and copy D3drm.dll into both the windows\system32 folder and Dark Omen/PRG_ENG Folder

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 12:10:41 AM »

Here is my DO-Folder btw... SCNR

* modfolder.png (100.08 KB. 1105x443 - viewed 1524 times.)

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 12:35:14 AM »

Looks very organised Ghabry, compared to my tactic of saving most things to Desktop , lol -> reflects my Chaotic Life!

(Dark Omen Screen Saver featured)

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Elwin
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 09:57:28 AM »

Kipponium, i think i have found out what our problem was. In most version of dark omen you download from internet you have to run the setup file. This file creates a reg file, however it erases it automatically! What you have to do is run setup.exe and then close it before it erases the registry file. Then run the registry file and you wotn have any more problems. Oh, just make sure you have the dl file both in the prg-eng and in the main folder.

I have still, further problems and i would really apreciate the help of the forum members. Now i have practically downloaded every version of dark omen that prowls around the internet. The first ones i downloaded you had to manually download the dl file, other versions were specially designed for XP-Vista-7 and came with this problem solved and with many extra files in it. However i run into the same problem in both of them. The intro video starts, if i try to skip it the image remains and the start menu music begins and it stays like that. If i wait for the video to end the screen goes black and the start menu music starts yet the screen remains black. I remembered there was a crashfix in this website for that, however after downloading and running it things were still the same. Funny enough i managed to run up to the start menu one single time, the first time i ran the XP-VIsta-7 version. When i clicked in start new campaign the video ran and then the preparing for battle screen got on and the game froze.

I have spent hours and hours trying to get this game to run and  am getting utterly frustrated by not being able to revive the great hours i had in my chilhood playing this game. Please, do help me
Elwin
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »

Ah, further development has been achieved. I installed the vista crashfix file. This makes the intro video dissapear. But i said to myself .. "F**k the video". However when i started a mission altough i get some sound effects (the ones from the cursor, the thunder when battle begins) i cannot hear any dialogues, therefore i would be quite unable to play without hearing for example the tutorial guy telling me what to do. Any solution for this? Thanks
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 08:49:01 PM »

Glad to hear that you followed the guide and used the Vista intro Crash fix, as your Download had Registry issues

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvista-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Smiley

Please now check your version has these Audio folders.

H Folder       = 55.4KB
Music Folder = 42.6MB
Script          =19.1KB
Sound          = 5.75MB
SP_ENG        =56MB

and reinstalling Dark Omen over the Top of the existing installation, has fixed Audio problems in the Past.

(Remembering to Follow the Guide again to reapply the Fixes, etc.. )

Smiley

« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 08:55:45 PM by olly » Logged

Elwin
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 10:14:55 PM »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. That fixed it! Sorry if i didnt reply earlier, i was too busy playing the game. i now have done all the campaign. Damm final mummies, they are hard to kill. Now i will look around to see the mods....

Thanks a lot for the help. This is really an awesome site!
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 08:07:24 AM »

i dont know what crazy versions u guys download,but if someone chooses to download any game,make sure it is a .iso file and then use deamontools to mount it,every game i ever dled has worked perfect for me(unless theres compatablity issues)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 12:27:05 PM »

i dont know what crazy versions u guys download

Grin Grin thx ymmd Grin

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 12:42:21 PM »

Glad to hear all issues have been resolved and that you are enjoying the Single Player Campaigns-

Hope to see you online soon!

Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: