April 23, 2024, 04:36:29 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: cursor problems  (Read 8550 times)
igger
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2009, 11:52:55 AM »

I have installed the vista and intro crash fix, when the main menu appears there is no cursor showing but I can guess where it is as the options highlight when I roll over them. So i go to options CPU is selected and normal cursor too, but when I change to coloured cursors the cursor appears, I know the game will crash with coloured cursors so I have to swap back which means i can't play. In one of the guides it mentions a coloured cursors patch (which I can't find) would this help.

this is a downloaded file by the way as I can't find my original CD would this make a difference.

PS3 ID: PegasusWarrior
will you add if you message me.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 02:19:12 PM »

Hello

You can download the colored curser on Wirtualny Warhammer

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
igger
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »

thanks for that link, but it doen't make a differnece still can't see a cursor. also if I Alt tab to correct the display when I go back to the game the screen is black but the cursor shows.

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 04:54:25 PM »

To fix the Black Screen after alt+tab use the Vista Fix which you can find in the download section.
But this will prevent you from recording videos with Fraps ^^

igger
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 07:31:43 AM »

I have installed the vista fix file and now the game won't even load tried uninstalling and re installing. is there any way to remove the vista fix. still couldn't see the cursors before I used the vista fix though.

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 11:01:42 AM »

Rename the engrel.exe or uninstall DoFix via ControlPanel->Programs and Functions

igger
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »

thanks is working again but the cursors still won't show.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 08:39:06 PM »

very bizarre problem,

as so many other fans use vista and vista64 with no problem but after many hours of trying everything, we discovered you were using a Flat Screen TV and not a monitor, so we thought we had found the problem. Sadly though you still suffered the original problem of no cursor on the main menu with or without all the patches and fixes.  

However, the monitor u found was an old CRT and you were also fortuante enough to have an nvidia graphics card!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/dark-omen-in-full-3d-mode-high-res-xp-and-no-flicker-t248.0.html

So Welcome to Wonderful world of Dark Omen in Full 3d! - Clear Water, more Partcile Effects and Deadbodies remain

Glad it worked in Full 3d Mode! -Since u are using 800x Screen Res (only 1024 or 640 work) and 100hz on old CRT Monitor/Nvidia graphics card.

Smiley

One rainy day we can continue original tests for it to hopefully work on your TFT Flat Screen TV.

*Update - starts fine then slowly goes black in patches (since having to use 800x screen res as no 640x or 1024x @100hz) but going back onto CPU Mode the Mouse is now Fixed!*

*Update - after reconnecting back onto original TV flat screen, using CPU mode, mouse also now works fine! So probably the  nvidia settings fixed the orignal issue of no mouse on the Main Menu.

Smiley

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 12:11:54 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
igger
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »

Thanks for the help last night, sorry it took a long time though would never have figured those nVidia settings by myself so thanks a lot Grin

igger
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 01:26:21 PM »

unbelievable after all that time to fix the problem, I have just updated the nVidia drivers and it strikes again. Haven't altered anything, including the settings in the nVidia control panel which have stayed the same. Really annoying!

Just checked settongs in nvidia control panel and the option to force mipmaps is no longer an option, would this make a massive difference.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 01:35:56 PM by igger » Logged

igger
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 03:01:52 PM »

resorted to old driver and settings, still not working

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print