March 28, 2024, 12:00:31 PM

Username
Password

Poll
Question: message "cd missing" while original cd is here?
cd dead? - 0 (0%)
french or last try to install compromissed the game? - 0 (0%)
win 8.1 or bluray reader can help to read my dark omen cd? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: cd missing while cd is here?  (Read 6689 times)
Coincoin
Troll

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2015, 09:05:13 AM »

Hi guys,
I discovered your nice site last week and i decided to dive again in this nice game...so I took my cd (french version but i tried french install AND English install), install work and I followed the instructions (clear!) there http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7-game-fixes-t111.0.html;msg310#msg310
but.. the game when launching a new campaign write no cd (while it finds the letter of the cd player where it is!!). So i tried full install with cd same message. Then i tried the no cd patch (lol) with and without cd, same message :-( ... so i tried and iso found in the abandonware on the web with no cd patch, same message ...
I did not find such troubles in the forum, so can you help me and light me about what i did wrong? My original CD is dead (hope not, i keep it in healthy place with diablo, dungeon keeper, daggerfall, fallout1&2, and the other gems of my childhood)? But if so, why the abandonware iso does the same message?

windows 8.1 x64, blu-ray reader ATAPI iHBS112 (driver Microsoft 21/06/2006 6.3.9600.16384)

Thanks for your incoming help.
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 10:34:18 AM »

Hi and welcome,
Please wait till Olly is around (he is almost always here), he will give you best advice Smiley
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:01:00 PM by olly » Logged
Coincoin
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:44:42 AM »

Hi and welcome,
Please wait till Olly is around (he is almost always here), he will give you best advice Smiley

thanks ^^ I'm waiting impatiently :-D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:01:09 PM by olly » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 10:10:56 PM »

Hi, Download our mods folders and it will solve your problems but remember to ->

Please locate your Dark Omen folder, such as

C:\Program Files\Dark Omen or C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen

and rename these 2 folders -> PRG_ENG and Save Game to anything like PRG_ENGOrig and Save GameOrig

Then download this goody bag that contains many excellent mods and the paste the 3 new folders into Dark Omen folder

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fnnkq89xdjy75m0/DarkOmenMods.zip[/url]

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\PRG_ENG and right click on EngRel.exe and
Enable the "Run in 640 x 480 Screen Resolution" on the compatibility tab to have a fullscreen window".

On Win8:

Win8 Set 16-bit color on the compatibility tab

On Win7 Set the desktop to 16-bit color.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Coincoin
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 06:13:23 PM »

it works... :love:

THANKS a lot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: