April 18, 2024, 06:24:44 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can't get DO to run on my 64bit windows 7 lap top  (Read 4399 times)
Swing
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2011, 02:22:22 PM »

I've tried downloading the game and it wouldn't play because it said I needed that .dll people have had to download. So I downloaded it and now when I try to run it, the program says that I haven't installed the program correctly. So I don't know what the heck is going on plus the instructions posted are confusing. Can anybody give me a correct copy to download and step by step instructions in laymens terms for me because now I'm just confused. Thanks for the help!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 02:59:19 PM »

Install Full version of Dark Omen as Administrator by Right Clicking Setup.exe and choosing to Run As Administrator.

Download d3drm.dll

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/view-details/5.-miscellaneous/d3drm.dll.html

"If you don't run Dark Omen with Administrator rights (that means no "Benutzerkontensteuerung"-Window appears (UAC Warning) it will use the VirtualStore Registry Path because Dark Omen writes in a protected Registry part.
So you have to navigate to the following path (the SID is different for you(!)): look at the statusbar

Selected must be 1 and Software Selected must be 228

If you run Dark Omen with Admin Rights (Clicked "Yes" during the Benutzerkonstensteuerung-Window (UAC)) you have to use the following registry path:

Note: This values are only available if you execute Dark Omen at least one time with Admin rights.

If you installed the Vista Fix it should always prompt you for admin rights on startup".

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:03:04 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Swing
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 03:43:35 AM »

I still can't get it to work it always stops before I launch it even as administrator. And the files you showed me don't show up in the games files. Do you have a download I that I could use that has those files so I can follow your instructions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: