March 28, 2024, 02:50:44 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: application unable to start correctly  (Read 10348 times)
filip vip
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2017, 08:12:40 PM »

I followed the guide - http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7-game-fixes-t111.0.html and when I dclick on EngRel it states The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022) ...

I also tried disabling User Account Control, and redoing steps, same error happens.

I've added couple of screenshots - http://imgur.com/a/ySgJW
Can any1 help?

Im running win10x64 pro

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 08:16:28 PM »

Hi and welcome, take another picture of your Dark Omen registry to show all the folders please

* DarkOmenRegistrySettings.jpg (245.74 KB. 995x727 - viewed 815 times.)

and confirm you did the compatibility settings

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
filip vip
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 10:08:08 PM »

Please check images link, I've uploaded two more. Im not entirely sure about compatibility if I did everything needed. I tried with compatibility for Vista, XP sp2, without it, always the same error.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:25:54 PM by filip vip » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 10:34:57 PM »

The Registry settings look ok but please screenshot inside the Options folder. Also did you use a UK version of the CD to install?

Try disabling your Antivirus and Windows Defender services, via Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->Services as it might be preventing our mod fix .dlls to run.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
filip vip
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 11:25:01 PM »

Updated images link with new images.

This is the link I've downloaded from - http://www.myabandonware.com/game/warhammer-dark-omen-457#download
I guess its UK.

Tried disabling windows defender, didn't help (have no other antivirus)
filip vip
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 11:36:38 PM »

I could try and record a video including whole process if needed. Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 06:13:59 PM »

It's probably due to that downloaded version you have - check your messages

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 10:54:44 PM »

I analyzed this error two weeks ago because I had no setup available and the same issue.

Go to "Programs and Features" and click "Add/Remove Windows Features".
And under "Outdated/Inherited components" (No idea how it is called in English) tick "DirectPlay".

Accept the changes and DO should start.

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 09:02:07 AM »

I once had the same error at my bro's laptop operating under Win8. I failed to fix that problem using instructions.
Probably, Ghabry's solution would have helped. I cannot verify it atm though. Probably, the solution is worth mentioning at troubleshooting steps in Olly's instructions.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 02:33:38 PM »

Cool, please test and let us know

* DirectPlay.jpg (257.41 KB. 1024x726 - viewed 757 times.)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:31:02 PM by olly » Logged

filip vip
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 07:46:40 PM »

Hey guys, great news! I can confirm that the game started after enabling DirectPlay (needed to reinstall the game tho).
Thank you all for your help!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 08:17:12 PM »

Excellent, nice find Ghabry and I will add it to the Help Fix guide.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:59:40 PM by olly » Logged

CrackBaby
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 05:19:44 AM »

I got hacked last week just a day before the hacking your probably heard about it the news.... had to rebuild the laptop and enable DirectPlay, reinstall the game and mods, add reg files etc but surprisingly I don't need to do anything regarding compatibility mode and Windows 10 keeps trying to expand my 640 x 480 screen to much larger. Haven't tested that out just yet because the game is working now but yeh, just surprised I didn't need to enable compatibility mode for once.
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 09:55:17 AM »

Ghabry could you advise on the following dark omen start exception:

Windows8
Original dark omen starts properly and runs original campaign. So game installation is OK.

Olly's Modded version with mod selector and updated ddraw.dll and darkpatch.dll returns  this exception number:
0xc0000142.

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 04:41:13 PM »

First isolate if it's ddraw.dll or darkpatch.dll. Does original PRG_ENG start with ddraw.dll in the folder?

Does modded PRG_ENG work without ddraw.dll in the folder?

Otherwise it must be darkpatch.dll. Though no idea what the problem is then, have no Windows 8 :/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: