March 29, 2024, 07:21:32 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Horn of Mork  (Read 7432 times)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2009, 07:13:38 AM »

[Jeronimo] I want to share how do I play with Greenskins. Its a strange tactic, but thats what makes it unique.

You need Horn of Urgok + Banner of Defiance in 1 Regiment. Then... Orc Boar Boyz (against unbreakable) or Scorpion/Spider/Troll (against breakable)

What you have to do is engage with any Regiment and wait for the Regiment with Horn + Banner to reach the fight, once he arrived you are able to begin the special orders.

Make MANUAL retreats to the others. Wait they move a little far and then use Horn. When they reagroup, recharge again with all of them at the same time. To make it even more effective, repeat this tactic every turn.

Breakable enemy: Poor of those who suffer constant triple terror check if 3 Trolls are charging every turn.
Also very useful to bring back Trolls in others situations since they have only leadership 4 (very low)

Unbreakable enemy: Never, never, never forget this description of Orc Boar Boyz: "Their pointed tusks and sharp teeth inflict extra damage when charging enemy troops". What are you waiting for abusing their charges?! hahaha Grin

I hope you like this one. Its a pity that cant be used with Flagellants (because cant retreat), since Flail charge is the most powerful of game. Anyway, terror checks and sharped tusks deserve this "Horn of Mork".
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:27:41 AM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 06:23:08 PM »

uhm, not sure how are you gonna handle all of these loses when you retreat... (especially agaisnt cavalry) but maybe its nice, its need to be tested! thanks for sharing!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »

[Jeronimo] My dear Alavet  Cheesy

The tactic is to engage with the Banner of Defiance + Horn of Urgok Regiment (I recommend Orc Big'Uns because of their strength or Orc Boar Boyz because of their speed to reach distant zones) before making manual retreats to the Regiments which cause Terror or increased damage.
Believe me, 0 casualties for those which you make manual retreat, they will just "run desesperatly" away of the fight at a increased movement speed, but no loses.
You wont be followed by others because enemy will be still in combat.
I recommend you to do this with 2 Regiments (2 Trolls or 2 Orc Boar Boyz), not 3 because is takes much more concentration, and that wont be the only enemy Regiment in the battlefield.
All my tactics are not Theory, I have made them!

ito maquiesves
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:19:33 AM »

Before reqiment will safety run they will suffer little casualities from close enemy, it doesnt matter fighting them or not.

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »

I like the idea, but have one question: some times, when I blow the horn while a regiment is fleeing, it doesn't work, did you have this experience too?

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 05:37:14 PM »

ah, i just get your idea! you need to engage as many armies as yu can with your unbreakable biguns and then route with your other troops. but the problems is, that opponent very rarelly will use more than 2 regiments on your biguns, so all other armies will attack and engage your routing armies (and take enough casualuties, untill its not dwarves, lol). do you agree?

hovewer i cant say much agbout it maybe its possible on some "small" maps better and against some players its works better. ncie to see that there is appearing soemthing new in tactics

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 06:08:04 PM »

@ bembelimen
I think the horn of urgok makes your regiments in ranke of the horn make another rally test and your opponents units take a panic check.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 04:09:22 AM »

I did this variant of Horn of Mork (9k/FO). I could have used spiders instead of expensive Goblin shaman (lvl3).
Night Goblin Shaman
Orc Boar Boyz
Orc Boar Boyz
Orc Boar Boyz
Orc Bolt Thrower
Orc Bolt Thrower
Orc Bolt Thrower
Orc Bolt Thrower
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: