March 29, 2024, 02:40:52 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dark Omen 2  (Read 169108 times)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »

you dont need to kill fanatics, you need to avoid them :-)

best way is to use your fastest/smallest in heads regiment. for example treeman or mage or small squad of cavalry. you need to "provoke" fanatics and then run back.

well if you unable to "kite" them that way there is really no way to stop them. perhaps using "wide" formation could decrease loses (but will increase possibility of hitting by fanatics). or maybe thats wrong, guess that fanatics go completely random so no formation can save you.

overall if you can deal with them maybe its a good idea to turn your army back and "charge" with every1, so you will be out of range of most fanatics and enemy less likely will charge himself (or suffer some loses from own fanatics)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Lindar
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 02:11:09 PM »

I always try to avoid them when I know the goblins release the fanatics, but with this great Dark Omen expanded it seems almost every goblin regiment has fanatics with them, so often they take me by suprise when I charge them.
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »

Cheesy

On vacation
Lindar
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 06:04:24 PM »

But back to my first question, is there any detailed information about the new regiments that you control?
Debeul
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 05:38:44 PM »

Can you use this mod on multiplayer?
Because i tried it against my brother(gameranger) and everytime the game stops(Other player not connected anymore/Dark doesn't work anymore) and one time i could play one but my brother was gone:o

Great mod btw;)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 10:10:15 PM »

DOE2 is Great fun in Multiplayer and we all used it for the last monthly Tournament.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tournaments/tournament-january-2011-t937.0.html;msg9929#msg9929

Hope to see u the battlefield soon!

Download the latest version

http://forum.dark-omen.org/dark-omen-expanded/dark-omen-2-released-beta-t926.0.html

Smiley
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:26:49 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
ferrozoica
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2011, 10:33:52 PM »

Does this mod affect the origional game files or is it in addition to them?
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 03:10:19 PM »

Does this mod affect the origional game files or is it in addition to them?

it reemplaces, as ALL mods, the original files, so make a back of GAMEDATA, PRG, and GRAPCHIS folders , or the entire DO folder Tongue Cheesy

ito maquiesves
Denny-Crane
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2011, 02:26:57 AM »

Oki so im kind of new at this Dark Omen at pc... so im gonna ask for some help with the install... like what programs are used to extract??(im a little retarded what goes for this such of things)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2011, 11:16:47 AM »

Hi Welcome, it's a Great Time to Join ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

Dark Omen Expanded 2 is compressed into a .RAR file so you will need to download WinRar to open it.

There's a Tournament this evening if you want to play.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Verntallat83
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »

I followed the installation instructions, but I guess I got it wrong, there is no new campaign, just the old one with some units changed, the units have changed sprites but same names...I did it wrong??

thanks for your hard work!!
Christophbs
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2011, 11:34:19 AM »

sounds right to me. you will notice it is harder Tongue
Verntallat83
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 12:41:35 PM »

sounds right to me. you will notice it is harder Tongue

Ok thanks!! Will there by any future updates?

and yes. it is harder!!

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2012, 09:56:59 AM »

Hi guys, I played Dark Omen when I was a teen 14 years ago, now nostalgia took me and I found a version for XP and also found this DOE2 thing which interested me a lot.

I copied the files into /gamedata and /graphics, new units with their abilities and sprites do appear (first mission), but the annoying thing is all names are taken from the classic games like I have in my army:

-GB Cavalry
-GB Infantry  even though it's clear those are some dwarves with pistols, but no Schepke guys.
-GB Crossbowmen  though those are kind of shortbowmen like Goblin Archers were of old.
-GB Cannon - though it may as well be so except for 2 cannoniers instead of 3.

On second mission I got a Cavalry Unit which is called 'Carlson Cavalry' though it looks different.

Could you help me to make the game display all the new names instead of old ones? Thank you.

Probably it's impossible. But it's really annoying to see all those 'Night Goblin Archers' on the battlefield even though there are some Evil-Heads and Spiders firing MY SWORD Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »

Hi and welcome, it's a great time to join ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

However, regarding your issue,  I will have to reinstall DOE2 again and check it out,

Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: