April 19, 2024, 04:00:33 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Monsterous Menagerie  (Read 74854 times)
jhone
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2011, 06:59:55 PM »

Hey folks - Following on from my thread in "Singleplayer" Forums (Called 'Bigger Armies') I came to the conclusion that I would have to create something myself in order to make a satisfying (partially) greenskin campaign.

However, this isn't nessecarily Orcish, they do assist, however a rag-tag collection of monsters, goblins, orcs and outlaws are under the intimidating rule of a lone Troll and his guard of Ogres.

Yeah, sadly unlike some people I haven't attempted to really stretch the boundries just yet and I am hopeful I can merge this 'Army' edit with the work of other people who have already altered all ingame battles - My new army is now working alongside the Rise of Dead Mod (Which makes the enemies mostly Imperial and the odd Greenskin, as opposed to Undead) which actually makes more sense than having it Orcs v Orcs/Undead all the time.

I've just edited the entire army and am testing it as we speak - If you want a general idea of how it works, here's some basics.

LEADERSHIP:
Leader is Troll with 2xOgres - I hate having 'lone' leaders as that comes with the possibility of losing a whole fight just because your one unit got killed, so 2 Ogres make up for it - The Leader is powerful and the Ogres are, well, Ogres, so this ensures some lastability and POWER from your leader without being too overpowered that it can't be defeated if you get reckless.

Like any Troll/Ogre compilation, they cause fear, move fast and pack a wallop but are not immune to fear themselves and only the Ogres have armor wereas the Troll has Troll armor, so one has to keep that in mind when making decisions as they can be killed off if not taken care of.

UNITS:
Your starting army is composed of the usual - Leader, Infantry, Archers but... No Artillery. Your Archers are typical Outlaw Archers (Shaped to be on par with Helmgart Bowmen) and your Infantry is a small unit of BigUns... Your Artillery is replaced by a Gigantic Spider with a troop of Goblin Handers (Again, this is just an excuse to avoid 'single' units, though you do get single units later in the campaign).

Lack of artillery is made up by the 360 Degree vision, Fear, speed and mobility of a Spider with weak but competant infantry support.

Later additions are all a mish-mash of Outlaws, Goblins, Orcs and Ogres with the odd additional Spider/Scorpion/Troll assistance later on.

Additional Experimental Changes:
I have edited quite a number of things to test them out but I don't want to reveal too much until I've seen it action and know it works - Let's just say that this may not be totally original but there will be some slightly interesting changes.

Hopefully I'll have seen enough to post a link to it later today.

Last but not least, if this proves balanced and enjoyable, I'll work on custom banners and maybe even sprites. Until then, just consider this an "Arm_ALL" edit for now.

MOD EDIT: Download Link
http://www.filefront.com/17333170/Monsterous Menagerie.rar

really i also finished
so i like this game and many time played in summer vacation

RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 09:06:43 AM »

Hey folks, been a long long time since I posted here.

Just wanted to give a headsup - I took a break from the Mod as I had to play a few other games semi-competatively and then a month or two ago my backup hardrive failed - And, typically, it contained all my Mod Work for this campaign as well as the Dark Omen install itself.

Thanks to that I've just been completely demoralized and given up on it - I have also lost a lot of my Flash Animation work, custom music, my photoshop work, a lot of my movies and various other projects.

If I ever come back to finish this, it'll be in a long time I'm afraid... I'll download my own Mod here and keep it somewhere (If it's still downloadable) so I'll at least have some shred of it left but for now just assume this project wont be updated anytime soon Sad

Want to give a big thanks to all who replied here and another thanks to the Mods who were quick to throw in requested edits. I'm going to take another break... I'm hoping to bring my drive in for a repair at some stage but money is tight and even if I could afford it there's no guarantee I'll salvage everything.
RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 09:10:42 AM »

Seems my download link is dead - I guess FileFront deleted it due to it not getting downloads.

If anyone just happens to have the most recent version, please let me know as I'd like to get a copy and keep it safe - If not, well... Bye bye Monstrous Menagerie!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2012, 07:48:09 PM »

Great shame but hope you will one day have time,

We will always be here waiting, hehe

I will also trawl through my archives to see if I have it.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2014, 07:03:42 AM »

Hi guys!
I've returned and even got myself a FRAPS fix for easier recording - And installed Dark Omen once again! However, I'm not sure if I have the heart to start modding this campaign once again from scratch, so I'm simply here to ask if anyone just happens to have any of the Monstrous Menagerie files on their computer by any chance?

I'll never use FileFront again as they've deleted so many of my files in the past, including Mods I made for Dark Omen, Resident Evil 4 and other games Cry
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 11:24:53 PM »

Welcome back, I checked but sadly don't have it. However modding is much easier now...

http://forum.dark-omen.org/2d-sprites/adding-more-sprites-to-dark-omen-t1214.15.html

Smiley

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:54:26 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: