April 25, 2024, 10:22:10 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 1st Game Chat Room  (Read 125955 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2009, 11:00:49 PM »

Excellent Nitrox you are now in charge of Maroon

What Nation did you want to play?

Also make your first moves now please, i hate to drop anybody in to fast lol but its learn by doing here i guess  Smiley

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2009, 09:41:17 AM »

Goblins are ok?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:04:12 AM by Nitrox » Logged
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2009, 11:36:58 AM »

I'm glad you guys found a replacement for me Smiley.

I don't care if you screw up big time cause it's al about the fun.

I won't be regularly online untill next wednessday and the i'll be online again untill the 5th of July thats when I take a vacation in Austria untill the 12th.

If it the campaign isn't over yet I would be happy to retake my place. Or join a new campaign. Grin Grin

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »

I've been following this, and what we need is a nice write-up after each round making the progress sort of into a novel!

"Autumn, 103 after Sigmar
* The Empire second army under Reichtknecht Ludwig put up a brilliant display of courage against the Orks invading Loren forest, but after dealing heavy damage to the greenskin, bravery and valour was eventually overcome by numbers and brutality.
[MAP]
The Old World was by this time a bleak place, largely overrun and a fighting ground by greenskin and druiichi. Their common enemy the Vampire Lords still encroached in the east, but in the west, Aldorf itself was in danger of invasion".

Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2009, 08:29:37 PM »

Yeah, i sure like the idea, would add a nice touch to the campaign Smiley

"There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt."

All hail the inquisition. Wink
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »

Nice sound to it Mika  Smiley a good idea

Yes goblins are fine if you like them and may i say an interesting choice nitrox

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2009, 10:16:12 PM »

shouldnt we all come up with a few cool names for our kings/lords/war chiefs/commanders etc then Smiley

Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2009, 10:18:49 PM »

Hmm, good idea. We can too add names for our armies, like :
Green Goblins Horde
Mercenaries from North

and others. Mikademus posted very good idea in my opinion.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2009, 10:26:17 PM »

Maybe we could make a little survey of your King, commanders and nation

Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2009, 09:30:47 AM »

Yeah that'd be cool Grin

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2009, 11:10:29 AM »

lol i tried to prepare some "cnronicles" from the elven point of view on that.
if you like it i might try to provide it in future as well, but my english not very good and literally as i want to, so feel free to replace me if you want - i wouldnt be offended

late Autumn, 103 after Sigmar

* Elven scouts on the east & west borders reports that drow hordes was mystically dissapeared. Its hard to say what was the reason for that - some of the Elders says, that at about 400 years before Sigmar there also was great invasion by Druiiches but they suddenly dissapeared and scounts only found abandoned houses. Maybe weakened drow armies were defeated by goblins and humans, maybe its somehow related to the moon cycles (as says one of legend), its still unknow subject.

Simultaneously is noticed big hordes of Goblins at the east and some of human mercenaries. Goblins seems to be little weakned and don't looks like a big danger, especially with hordes of UD which might get fight with them.
Fortunately, humans agreed to make an alliance with elves, but they're mercenaries, who knows what will happens with them in future..

After great battle at the end of summer with Vamprie hordes, 103 after Sigmar, so called as "Purification Summer", scouts reporting decreasing undead activity. But some of them talking about strange lights over Karak-Ungor mountains - heart of Vampires territory. Elders says that there might be processing some of the ancient Dark Rituals, after finishing which, there is expecting even the bigger wave of undead legions. Another problem that Vampires conquired a lot of territories and it's hard to get back such big territories with only few armies alive.

There is no much information regarding Orcs territory - humans says that they're going to clear these territory with a sword and fire; they mainly interested with conquire old church complex at Couronne, which were plundered by the Orcs - Humans legends says there might be some ancient artifact at church ruins. But it wil be hard mission - territory near Orcs capitol (almost destroyed about 290 years ago Mousilion) full of dead corpses of drows, and orcs aren't going to surrender. They somehow managed to create big siege weapons (maybe captured some of experienced dwarves?) and these weaposn helps them a lot.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:07:42 PM by alavet » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2009, 12:07:05 PM »

if you like it i might try to provide it in future as well, but my english not very good and literally as i want to,

My english is too not very good, but i'm gonna try Wink.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2009, 03:54:09 PM »

Good write-up, and any lacking English can be written up as dialects of the chronicler - we wouldn't expect the elves or dwarves to speak the same Common as greenskin or Empire guys! Smiley

Also, this will make excellent and readable summaries for earlier campaigns!

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2009, 06:13:31 PM »

I like it alavet, good job there

this will add some considerable flavor to the game Grin

Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2009, 08:56:39 PM »

Allright then i'll give it a shot..

103 Years after Sigmar - Late autumn - the Capitol of the Mercenary federation, Magritta.

The newly appointed high commander of the mercenary federation, Lord Arundel, sits alone by his desk, watching out the windows as the night crawls near. Troubled he is, troubled and concerned over the growing darkness in the east, the vast hordes of the vampire lords pouring over the eastern mountains out of the dark lands.

His councelors eagerly advise him to muster the armies and charge the pathetic beasts head on, all certain that they will stand victorious.. Fools. There's a reason why he is the high commander and they are not, he did not become what he is through arrogace, but through his superior leadership and his skills in battle. He knows that his armies are strong, but launching an assault over the mountains and into the dark lands indeed would be suicide. He has seen the vampire lords and their former allies, the drow, shattered the Allied empire into pieces, leaving nearly only the capitol itself the only stronghold still standing tall.

And he will also not forget the greenskins to north, for he knows that those bloodthirsty beasts will not stay in their lands forever, as they always grow hungry for battle. No. He knows that he can make no mistakes, he needs to use his cunning, and his skills as a superior tactician to survive the darkness that lies ahead..

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: