March 28, 2024, 03:38:40 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 1st Game Chat Room  (Read 125281 times)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2009, 08:14:07 PM »

ok at least we have discussion started now

1) again flak ignored some of my questions like cost of archers/arty
hope he will answer later as he promised

2)
Double+battles
I think it´s very unreal to allow refill after first battle in case of a double+ attack.
To balance this problem we should:
-allow only a double attack
-both, defending army and attacking army can´t refill for 1 turn.
This means the winner must wait and loser has the chance to attack this "weakened" army on next turn.
well i cant thats its no sense, it rather logical and realistic but i dislike it.
i dislike it cause the power of alliances will be reduces a lot (cause any player most possibly able t provide double attacks with his own forces, no need to invoilve his ally in that.

the mediocore proposial is to allow attack as many times as you have owned land over the defending army. i mean for example in my example with flak i has x3 owned territories by my own and thus i should be able to attack with x3 armies. if we agree to "no-refill" rule in that case, it just makes no chances to get your army survived at all, and we will never see lvl2 units at this case. idk how do u htink, but one of the main ideas for me to play this campaing is to play with good soild armies with lvl2 units.
and preventing ppl to attack from three sides while he owes for example 5 terriories aroudn the defending army is kinda absurd.
thats why i like my rules more Cheesy

3)
Capitol rule
- if you lose your capitol you have the chance to capture a new for 2 or 3 turns, if not you are out
well its reasonable, like not allowing people to raholing your territory esaping from you while u fighitng another player
i think its ok; 3 turns is fine

4) Number of armies
- increase starting armies to 6
i dislike it. 3 armies no good, 4 armies seems better (capitol providing x2 armies, only for your nation) but nothing more, except some weaker nations like goblins (where they ok to have 5th army for example).
i dislike it cause its little unrealistic (so many damn armies) and also might make game boring, while you have to play lots of battles. its increases up number of battles u have to do and it might be big slowing factor as well.

5)
- every turn only one army can be created up to maximum of allowed armies
To prevent rush and fast rebuy of dead armies
well i think its ok, but still one army is little too low (haha). i suggest to have it like that:
1 army per turn if you have 3 depots (including capitol)
2 armies per turn if u have 3+ depots (incl. captiol)
2 armies per turn is a cap.

6) also its funny to have maybe some militia armies, while defending, so u can use it as meat? Cheesy for example u will be able to ue only the pretty weak units but in big mass. for merc/empire armies we might create special weak units for it (cause swordmen still good). for vamp zombies are okish for that, dunno about necros. - its just the idea, i dont have concept for it still

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2009, 08:56:39 PM »

Both my armies were beaten and routed vs malus, do i create 2 new ones at the end of the next turn with 7000 gc?

"There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt."

All hail the inquisition. Wink
Malus
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2009, 09:13:28 PM »

Today its to late to answer all, i´m to tired and need more time to think about it cause its a very interesting point. I will do it tomorrow.
Its good to discuss about our conquest cause we play it together =)

@ whfreak, tomorrow i try to be at hamachi at evening too. pls massage me if you got time.

cu ya all

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2009, 06:11:56 AM »

Cholio

with current rules u able to buy new x2 7k armies by the end of next turn.

flak, i guess its ok to allow ppl create new 7k armies instead of the current 5k armies instantly. like for example i have army4 and then i might recreate it instantly, and not losing position. how do you think? otherwise it will be hard for some players to get their depot and stay for one turn for refit while other players get 7k armies "for free" etc etc

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2009, 07:59:04 AM »

i guess you can do that, but there isnt many armies left atm, many will be created next turn but yes, if vamp4 is a raw 5000 army then by all means increase it to 7000

thank ou guys for the comments,
no rule change just this turn but i think that if we can all agree that for maybe next turn we will update the rules and impliment them for testing

2 minor changes has been implimented, please read the Rules of war section, the text in pink
and Order 4 has been remaned to Army Restore, also please read the section explaining Army Restore, the name has been changed to easier differ between the different concepts.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:00:10 AM by Flak » Logged

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2009, 12:27:30 PM »

By the way, the 2 (unused) armies that i have left. Am i to upgrade them to 7000 gc or just leave em be as they are?

"There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt."

All hail the inquisition. Wink
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »

upgrade instantly. so replace it with new ones.

When a double battle is ordered it has to be carried out even if first battle goes bad.
The army that is being attacked may not buy new regiments only buy new troops for the surviving regiments in between these 2 battles.
The 2 attacking armies will split after the battle the 2nd army will occupy the new territory and the 1st army will return to its original territory. 2 allied players can also make a double attack with one army from each player, if this is the case then the 2nd army will be the one to capture the territory.

nice, nice
so now its get even harder to kick any defending army cause your changing is only about limiting down number of attacks and nothing more. plus well, nice rule about killing fleeng regiments in capitol but its not enough.

are u kidding me?

p.s. what about just posting rules there as well, cause its hard to surf it out.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:53:17 PM by alavet » Logged

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2009, 03:24:54 PM »

lol this was the original rule alavet  Wink
I never changed this part only about fleeing regiments, triple and such attacks are still in play

Double and such attacks are now called "Multiple Attacks"

i will post changes here as well hence forth

that is currect Cholio, instant change
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 08:12:28 PM by Flak » Logged

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2009, 04:05:14 PM »

Hmm, register for it is still open? If yes i want mercenary Tongue.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »

Perhaps you can play for Warhammerfreak, if I understand correctly, he's in holiday for a few days? I'm back from my short holiday now, but if you want, feel free to take his part for this weeks.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2009, 08:28:12 PM »

Hmm, then no...If i'm make something bad, he can be angry Cheesy.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2009, 08:31:21 PM »

Let's wait for Flak Wink

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2009, 08:48:39 PM »

as i understand Warhammerfreak is gone for over a month now, or atleast only online very limited, not enough to play conquest

I was gonna ask Bembelimen to assume control of his side from today onwards.

If bembelimen doesnt have time either, then by all means if you have read the rules and have the time to be online daily then you are welcome to take over

Warhammerfreaks side is the Maroon

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2009, 09:06:26 PM »

If bembelimen doesnt have time either

I have no time, but I could take the time, if you will not find any other persons. So I would be happy, if Nitrox would join.

Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »

Yes I'm can join, read rules and got much time.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: