May 20, 2024, 03:04:09 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament May  (Read 36904 times)
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 08:39:57 PM »

sign me up please Smiley

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 08:47:15 PM »

// done

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 12:34:21 AM »

Please Count me in,

Smiley

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/new-dark-omen-game-beta-pictures-t278.0.html;msg2070

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 02:52:43 AM »

Damn, these new rules look sexy Sad

See you, space scorpion !
bangsunei
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »

okay this sucks but i just found out that i can't be in the tournement anyway  Sad

Damn well soory guys
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 11:06:06 AM »

10 player and we're still in April, looks good Cheesy

But we need some player more

conky
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 12:55:20 PM »

is there any room left in this comp i wold like to join
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 01:28:56 PM »

sure, you're in.

Welcome in the forum Smiley

warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 06:34:51 PM »

I got confirmed that a trainingsday for fantasy team Belgium is on the 30th. I really can't miss this because there is another person who wants the last spot on the team so I won't be able to participate in the tournament.  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed I was really excited about the factions (not sure though or its balanced or not).

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »

Now that is a shame

but there will be another month

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 08:33:13 AM »

by the way i personally strongly against using factions for our torunament. i see factions disbalanced like hell, the empire and goblins the only have chance to survive and another factions either little or much more weaker, depending of their opponent.

not only cause of disbalance but for reasons i mentioned before in factions thread.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 12:24:05 PM »

Don't forget that 5k/15 was also not that balanced so we played many tournaments with it and discussed after them what could be changed. Now it is a really nice ruleset. (I'm btw also bored about always the same tournaments, why not trying something else?)

So why shouldn't we give FACTIONS a chance? After the tournament you can still say what piece of crap (or how brilliant) it is Tongue.
It looks a bit imba ok, but I haven't build my final opinion for now (I will tell you after the FACTIONS-Tournament)

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 01:18:21 PM »

well i gues that frankly speaking because i pushed so much enthusiasm to build 5k rules and now i feel that rules very good and balanced a lot. Cheesy

but i dont have any real idea what kind of army might be a winning for Necromancer faction, how to beat Goblins with orcs (except lucky mortair shot on the horn keeper), how to beat alliance with anything, and possibly another bunch of questions which we appeared after few more games for me with another factions...
you may see my other arguments in factions thread.

im not against taking something new, especially something reallyu new (as this idea) but if its obv that its not balanced for me then i dont like it. maybe im wrong. maybe its better to create a poll (or whatever its spell correctly dont have dicitonary over me Cheesy))

btw nothing personal Dj i just mean you need much more balance and it will be boring  after tens battles thats all..
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:38:28 PM by alavet » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 01:29:56 PM »

We'll make it this way:

In the next few days, I will finish the main fixture. Then Flak will draw the factions for the fixture (independent from the player), so we:
  • 1. avoid that all player use one faction. So we'll have a random game
  • 2. are sure, that all factions will be played.
After that, Flak will draw the player (~3 days before the tournament starts) and then you have ~3 days time to create your armies.

I hope, this way makes all player satisfied and I hope you'll give the ruleset a chance.

Let me quote a nice sentence Wink

Don't forget that 5k/15 was also not that balanced so we played many tournaments with it and discussed after them what could be changed.

Chinnico
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 09:21:21 PM »

The faction rules seem interesting.
I am in!

By the way, in the Faction Rules Wiki, the Black Grail is mispelled ('Grial').
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: