March 29, 2024, 12:30:56 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5000/15  (Read 119646 times)
Jim
Developer

Goblin Jim, Commander of Greenskins

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2009, 12:44:16 AM »

Could you please update the point-prices in the wiki?

My GameRanger ID: 2332541
Online Map shuffler
Jim
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2009, 12:49:30 AM »

And one more question...
In this format player cannot buy more than 3 regiments of one type, can he?

Online Map shuffler
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2009, 09:43:50 AM »

The point table are up to date or what do you mean?

In this format player cannot buy more than 3 regiments of one type, can he?

Yes you can buy a regiment not more than 3 times, some (like the wraiths) only 2 times.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2009, 12:34:10 PM »

Could you please update the point-prices in the wiki?
Afaik there were no new discussions in this topic so we don't have to update the table.
And btw it's a wiki, register and edit things by yourself? Wink

Jim
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2009, 12:37:40 PM »

Afaik there were no new discussions in this topic so we don't have to update the table.

You've decided that Trolls cost 2/0/0, and It's still 2/1/1 in the wiki. Etc.
Or this was only an idea?

Online Map shuffler
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2009, 12:44:10 PM »

I think 2/0/0 is to cheap for a troll (see also the price) can you live with 2/1/1?
There was no answer for this so we count this as a yes.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2009, 01:18:46 PM »

well... now i think than troll should be 2/1/0.
:-)
and spiders&scorpions as 1/1/0

its not bad to give last third unit a 0 point cause man who will use it will suffer from lack of the meat, while limited in 10max regimetn restiction.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Jim
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2009, 08:11:31 PM »

I know that wiki is created for everyone to participate... But when it's about points in a ruleset, then, hey, I'd prefer it to be done by the admin and very carefully Smiley
Please could you change at least the trolls' costs? I'd like to create an experimental army, with 3 trolls Cheesy (and save one point, which I can't do now)

Online Map shuffler
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2009, 09:15:40 PM »

well... now i think than troll should be 2/1/0.
:-)
and spiders&scorpions as 1/1/0

If I'm serious I don't like the idea of a free troll, but give me the opinion of a third player and it's ok for me^^

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2010, 11:20:47 PM »

another tourney almost finished and results showed that we sitll have some leaks in balance... feel free to add suggestions there

my current ones:

flagellants felt too powerfull. again.
maybe let them be 3/4/3 or 3/4/4/ (last one is too much imo), so they cant dominate 3/10 ruleset  that much as well.

treeman felt also too powerfull
lets change him to 2 so he wilnt be so much attractive

ghouls to 1/2/2 a other infantry
i feel bad about increasing UD more but its matter of balance. i also see lac of low cost units at UD but we cant do much with that?

throwing bolter to 1/2/2. yes its total trash but due of hard pathfinding mechanics + rather good TO it can stay longer than standard goblins or something, using as a wall.

empire standard bowmen to 2/2

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2010, 11:30:40 PM »

flagellants seemed ok to me, 3 is tough but also can fast be overpowered they are after all only 9 and no armor

Treeman is like vampire, you kinda put half your eggs in one basket, if he is killed then most of the time your army is doomed

Undead still suffer from expenisve and weak units, if anything a cheaper skeleton warrior and horsemen are more needed

greenskins seemed ok, as per normal hordes work best and feels best, the change from last time of the arrer from 1/2 to 2/2 seems ok

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2010, 12:26:48 AM »

Flagellants are serioursly overpowered atm, they've become core to almost all empire armies. With the super low gp cost, i can't think of many 3 point combinations that can reliably take them on and win, and 3x 3 point combinations o.0

Thats before adding in the other 6 points.  4/4/4 for average cost, 5/3/3 for a point road block, or 3/5/5 for accepting at least 1 flag is inevitable, but we dont really want more.

Having said that i think empire would need a few point decreases to make up for the loss of flags, -> merc cross 1/3/3, bowmen 1/3/2, maybe a calvary to?

----------------------
Greenskins fine although maybe orc Shaman down to 1 point (only cost diff between gob & orc), gigantic spider 3/0/0 & scorp 1/1/2, gives the option of having 3 creepys for 3 points at a slightly greater expense, or 2 for 2 cheaper.

Orc bolt thrower 1/1/1.
I'd go with troll 2/1/0 they are quite expensive for what they are.

----------------------------------------------
UD need alot of point reductions,

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »

Honest Analysis: This Ruleset is very far to be OK, however people still will "love it", and Im sure that even without changing anything will be voted again and again in future months.

I suppose that changing something depends on Bembelimen, no matters what we wrote here. And if he rejects the idea of Trolls at 2/1/0, and decides that the best is 2/1/1... there is really nothing to do about it.

When you are the Author of a Ruleset its shown how experienced you are in the game, also your level of knowledge with every Regiment and Items performances. When its time for "suggestions", and you are refusing to change something that is obvious, it creates a disappointment feeling among Experimented Players.

Hard words. Reality itself gentlemen.

This post is more to call Benjamin for a "Author remake". Listen these guys who have something to tell you.
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2010, 05:37:59 PM »

IMO i could see changes like this:

empire seems pretty ok as it is

dwarf warriors 1/1/2 - no one uses them
imperial cannon 1/2/2 - same as above
mercenary swordsmen 1/1/2 - as they are the weaker than greatswords and halbardiers (maybe im wrong) and empire could use some more meat shields ;]
imperial bowmen 2/2/3 - as they are very similiar to arrer boyz

undead needs changes the most

wraiths 3/3/3 - their current points are from times when people said that the problem with charge from the rear can be solved by adding them banner of defiance ;] in fact they are not that hard to kill and its a shame you dont see those in battles Sad
skeleton horsemen 2/2/2 - undead could use some more mobile units
skeleton warriors 1/1/2 - for such a weak infantry 2 points for 1st unit seems too much
ghouls 1/2/2 - one of the best infatries even thou they often run to range fire
wights 2/2/2 - only one of those is usable if you give him banner of defiance
screaming skull cata 2/2/2 - maybe we would see 3 screaming skulls in battle ;] as for now nobody uses them

greenskins seems to be best balanced race of all, players are using many diffrent combinations so i wouldnt change anything ;]

oh yeah i forgot about bolt thrower! people spam this like crazy, or is it only me ? ;]
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2010, 11:31:40 PM »

Hmm i'd be wary of large amounts of point drops to empire - they should be point constricted, although if flags do go up, maybe a few as compensation.

Wraiths are a bit like the treeman, way over priced for what they actually do (1500 gp - ekk), and could probobly do with a low point tag to match.

Wrights suck

Mummies and BGK Do not suck still they a bit ott on the points 6/5/4 & 8/10/10 instead of 7/4/4 & 9/10/10 maybe?

I have no idea what Jeronimo is on but can i have some? Smiley

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: