April 19, 2024, 02:13:53 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5000/15  (Read 120489 times)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2009, 01:05:36 AM »

My regular collection says:

Canon 2/3/3
Bolt Thrower 1/2/2
Vampire 4/5/6
Treeman 1/1/1
Horseman 2/3/3
Ghouls 1/2/2
Mummies: 7/4/4 (cause only the first mummie is strong (+banner))

suggestions?

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
WarpGhost
Ghoul

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2009, 02:04:33 AM »

I'd want to Ghouls tested before putting up their prices; UD has been hamstrung by lack of decent lost-cost troops by the ppoints system up until now (assuming these changes all work), so they really need those the options of quantity where quality doesnt exist. IMO Ghouls frankly modest combat abilities and unreliable Fear (Toughness 4 no armour is actually equal to Toughness 3 and 1 armour, and 2 Strength 3 attacks is nothing to get excited about) are compensated by their poor leadership. Even if they were able to best Swordsmen in 3 out of 4 rounds of combat, that 1 they lose will almost certainly see them flee.

Death is its own reward, but so is chocolate
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2009, 09:38:59 AM »

but they cause fear themselves so they most possibly scare off swormen by themselves

i agree for testings with swordmen but need some1 to do that..

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2009, 01:27:21 PM »

ok after few thoughts i have something to add:

Canon 2/3/3
i think its very ok and nice

Bolt Thrower 1/2/2
frankly speaking i think 1 is too much for them. i feel that making them 0 points wouldnt make catastrohpe, cause even they 0 point they will take 1 unit in the battlefield (which is important for orcs) and also costs some money. how do you think about 0/1/(1)2 ?

Vampire 4/5/6
definately yes

Treeman 1/1/1
looks okish for me, 0/1/1/ also looks fine

Horseman 2/3/3
firstly i agreed with warpghost about 3/2 too bad for them. but they probably deserves it! trhey're unbreakable and cause fear. yes they're bad, but usual cavalry not good either. i mean usual cavaly doesnt have very good stats. and i think unbreakle option+fear compemsate their weakness i meele so they should be equal to usual cavalry imo
so i think 3/2/(2)3 is fine. how do you think guys?

Ghouls 1/2/2
i still think they deserves 1/2 as any usual human regiment. any1 wanna test - msg me at hamachi my nickname is skotty119

Mummies: 7/4/4 (cause only the first mummie is strong (+banner))
i personally dont big fun of making them 7 points just because its hurts army so much... i better prefer 6 pts, but i personally dont use mummies in my army anyway so 7 loooks not v bad for me. still love 6/4/4 more

additionally:
Heart of Woe: i think think artifact definately should be the same in cost as potion of strengh and shield.. it works rather rarel, cause most of the time units flee away and not dying. and another thing its not really much powerfull when it explodes.. maybe its dealt as much dmg as 1 zombie regment + fact that it willnt 100% work + gharby said that antimagci spell blocks it makes it 0,4-0,3 value item.

Firehelm - should be 0 point at cost. seems like noone is using it anyway so 0 maybe allow at least SOMEONE who wil take it in the battlefield Smiley

and i think we still need to make evles to 5. i think they're equal to wights by importance at the battlefield. some other thoughts are in my posts above.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2009, 04:16:14 PM »

I think Ghouls should remain at 1/1/2 as WarpGhost says they are not that powerful
besides the reason that swordmen/halbardiers and greatswords are all 1/2/2 is because the Empire have 3 forms of cheap units, 1/1/2 for them would give the Empire 6 cheap units. Undead only have Ghouls and Zombies and Zombies are a lottery ticket as best

Ghouls 1/1/2

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2009, 04:25:21 PM »

f*** ive jsut played few abttles agaisnt elves and may definately say they SHOULD cost 5 pts. mayeb they even should cost 6 pts i dunno but 5 AS MIN.

i dunno why do you guys think they're that weak. this rain of arrows just kills everything if they properly blocked (and they usually blocked) the only way to stop them is teleporting kamikaze mage and mortair.
maybe other army with all cavalry and ptolos for some walkers but rest is plain weak.
elvfes archers really heart of the army and thus 5 is obligatory for them

tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2009, 01:28:23 PM »

5 would be very costly but elf archers are probebly the strongest unit in the empire army.
i wouldnt mind trying them at 5points
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2009, 02:48:35 PM »

Elven bowmen no more than 5
they can be taken out fast and have no armor at all
if they are to be 5 then no more than 5/5/5
Elven bowmen have a weakness when facing cavalry as the cavalry are too fast to be hit

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2009, 08:02:47 PM »

Beside that elves problem: what about set Wraiths to 4/4/5 or 4/5/6?

Heart of Woe: i think think artifact definately should be the same in cost as potion of strengh and shield..

I like this item a lot, but if nobody disagree 0,5 is ok for me.

Firehelm - should be 0 point at cost. seems like noone is using it anyway so 0 maybe allow at least SOMEONE who wil take it in the battlefield Smiley
It's for free, if you buy another 0,5 item Wink

and i think we still need to make evles to 5. i think they're equal to wights by importance at the battlefield. some other thoughts are in my posts above.

4/5/6?
5/6/7?
5/6/6?
5/5/6?
5/5/5?

everything ok for me.

And I'm looking forward to the Ghoul test!

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »

5/4/5 ooks fine for me

as for the wraights i agree. they're too fragiele even for 5 points. but maybe we will turn back them to 5 after battle.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »

Firehelm - should be 0 point at cost. seems like noone is using it anyway so 0 maybe allow at least SOMEONE who wil take it in the battlefield
It's for free, if you buy another 0,5 item

which means i have to spent 1 point more.

its so much more value in getting shield or how instead of firehelm... but if we'd make it 0 then some armeis will be able to take it when they've spent all of points but still some moniey left...

ZzUu
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2009, 06:44:41 PM »

Vampire - 6 points
If undeads need a mage - they can buy a necromancer. If they need the best hit'n run unit in DO - they should pay for this Tongue
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2009, 11:23:16 PM »

vampire is crazy fast and can take a good amount of ranged punishment.i would like to see him increased in points.
necromancer is a strong caster but isnt so crazy fast and is fine on 2points in my opinion.

the heart of woe is a fairly powerfull item if put on an unbreakable unit i thought
i think its explosion is worth at least 1 point...then again i havent used this item often so others will know better.
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2009, 04:29:26 PM »

I don't think mummys on their own are strong. The only thing that makes them strong is the banner of defiance. So i suggest to make mummys 5/4/4 and if you take a defiance ON the mummys it costs 3 points.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2009, 08:17:12 PM »

so when we change it bembe?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: