May 02, 2024, 02:51:00 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dark Omen running on new laptop  (Read 398 times)
Slick779
Troll

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2024, 01:47:58 PM »

Hi all. I'm looking for some help with this issue. I've been playing Dark Omen on my old laptop for a while but I need to give it to a family member who is in desperate need of a computer.  That leaves me with my new laptop that doesn't have a CD/DVD drive. I'm still a proud owner of the big box pc version of dark omen but without a drive I cannot use it. Is there anyway I can get the game on my new laptop? I didn't bother trying BIN/CUE files or ISO's as the instruction state that they shouldn't be used. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also would It be possible for me to install it on my internal Gdrive  (where I install/keep games) or does it have to be on Cdrive. Many thanks Smiley
Kalsonic
Troll

None can stand against the coming darkness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 04:41:19 PM »

In that case, have you tried using the setup files from MAW?

None can stand against the coming darkness
Slick779
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 07:00:23 PM »

Thanks for the reply Kalsonic. I've just sorted my issue out now. I copied the whole game from one laptop to the other, made sure it wasn't getting picked up by any anti-virus software, and ran both mod pack registry settings  DO_VirtualStore 64bit.reg and DO_Windows 64bit Registry Fix.reg. It didn't work on my Gdrive but as soon as I moved it all over to my Cdrive program files86 folder It worked first time. Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 11:47:44 PM »

Cool glad to hear you have it working

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: