March 28, 2024, 05:47:00 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help with Modded Campaigns?  (Read 1424 times)
FrankVonCrank
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2022, 12:23:02 PM »

I recently finished the Vanilla campaign (so happy I could play this again after 15 years) which I got running on my Win10 with the fan patch that makes it run properly and replaces the EngRel file. I tried activating some of the custom campaigns that the patch lets me select, but it doesn't quite work? I just fires up the first Normal campaign mission, the voice lines are all broken etc.
Do I need to download these mods again separately or what do i do? I would also like to replay the campaign with some expanded options etc, but want to be sure everything works from the start. What do I need to do? Anyone got some advice?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 06:59:54 PM »

Hi and welcome, restart the game each time you select a mod and please know that these are not full blown mods, as they were made before all the necessary tools were created. Only Dark Omen 2 mod is a preview of a total conversion, to show it can be, using the awesome mod tools to their fullest extent.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 08:19:42 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
FrankVonCrank
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 10:30:20 PM »

Aight, I did that, but every time I tried any campaign, the characters play the same voiceline before the first battle and then i get thrown into the first map of the vanilla campaign with the new units. That's not correct is it? DO I perhaps have to  download something else as well? (map pack etc)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 08:26:49 AM »

Most mods will start on the same 1st map, as were created before they could start in different locations. Did you try Dark Omen 2 mod?

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
FrankVonCrank
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 09:38:30 AM »

Okay so I tried Dark Omen 2 and it popped me onto a large open map with like 15 Skaven hero units. I that supposed to be happening?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 11:39:15 AM »

Yes it us a preview of what can be achieved with the new mods tools. New units on new maps.

FrankVonCrank
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 07:01:21 PM »

Oh, so they are mod previews then? or am I understanding it incorrectly? If I want to play the extended campaign by Malus should I download it again separately or is the one in the basic fan patch complete?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 09:17:31 PM »

It's all included in the mod pack, no need to download anything else.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 09:23:19 PM by olly » Logged

FrankVonCrank
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 11:00:51 AM »

Okay thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: