March 28, 2024, 10:48:25 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please, please help me...  (Read 1913 times)
Cm91
Troll

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2021, 05:48:42 PM »

Hey all!

I've today bought a cd of DO and am just wondering how I'm going to get it working on W10? I'm aware the guide may already be here somewhere so if somrone wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction that would be awesome!

I'm await on a USB disk drive then I'm ready to go!

Cheers!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 05:52:47 PM »

Hi and welcome, here's the simple 5 step guide including a YouTube video

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Cm91
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 05:53:49 PM »

Incredible thank you! What an awesome community!
Cm91
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 11:09:50 AM »

So I've been trying to run setup but it doesn't run beyond me clicking yes to allowing changes the device. Does anyone know how to fix this or why it's happeneing?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 11:44:55 AM »

The guide mentions
3) If you find the Game won't install on Win 10 =  When running the Setup.exe you will have to do following:
a) Open your Task Manager
b) Goto Detailed View
c) Right Click the Setup.exe process
d) Click Analyze Waiting list (My Windows ain't English, but I guess that should be the name)
e) You will see a box with Setup.exe and some other processes below it, mark the processor below it and select "Terminate/close App, or whatever it says in English)
f) Do this again and again, until there are no more processes that are in the queue before the Setup.exe and your Installation will begin.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 12:25:07 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 11:45:53 AM »

Probably best for me to remote in via Teamviewer to save time

Cm91
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 11:52:47 AM »

You're a hero and a genius, and I feel slightly ashamed for not properly reading your guide...

Can I post to you a drink of your choice?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 12:24:28 PM »

Great glad it worked but your appreciation is more than enough thanks. Please post if you hit any other issues

Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: