March 28, 2024, 06:25:31 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can't get modded version to run widescreen/right resolution  (Read 1815 times)
Maxstate
Troll

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2021, 02:53:58 PM »

Hey guys, I followed the guide many times over and tried many combinations of dgvoodoo's stuff, compatibility settings, etc. but I just can't get it to work right.

I've installed the game like stated in step 1; installed the January 2020 mod pack; installed dgvoodoo's stuff and adjusted my settings to play on 1920x1080 (made sure that the settings were being applied by enabling the watermark). But running EngRel.exe just doesn't ever run in widescreen nor in the proper resolution. It always runs in 640x480.

There are basically two options for me atm:

1. I use dege's DARKOMEN.exe, which starts up fine, is widescreen, but lacks mods + zoom, etc.
2. I use EngRel.exe (your modded one) which starts up fine, but is locked at 640x480, thus no widescreen, and no mods.

It seems I can't get BOTH mods AND the graphics enhancements to work.

What's wrong? Am I not using a UK version of the game? How can I check? I've long since lost my original CD and admit to using an ISO, so there's that. Can somebody please help?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 10:35:16 PM »

Hi and welcome,

not sure what "I use dege's DARKOMEN.exe" is?

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Maxstate
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 11:01:38 AM »

Hi and welcome,

not sure what "I use dege's DARKOMEN.exe" is?

Hi and thank you!

If you look here: http://dege.freeweb.hu/Patches/patches/

You'll find that Dege has made a 'patch' which he describes as thus:

Use this patch together with dgVoodoo to eliminate mouse issues and enable the hardware renderer for forced resolutions:

I had thought you guys used that patch to improve on your own work, but perhaps I was mistaken. Using the patched .exe here: http://dege.freeweb.hu/Patches/bin/Warhammer_DarkOmen_Patch.zip

the game runs the regular, unmodded version, in what seems like the right graphical settings (I can see the watermark). Not so when I use EngRel.exe from the modpack version.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 12:18:03 PM »

Thanks for clarifying and yes our mod pack EngRel.exe contains his fixes. Did you check your messages.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Maxstate
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 06:28:54 PM »

Thanks a lot for your help Olly, your solution was the one I needed. Thanks also for the time and effort you put into all this. Cheers
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 08:49:09 PM »

Fantastic and hope to see you online for some multiplayer friendly training matches via Game Ranger. Enjoy the single campaigns and your thanks really does boost our morale, to carry on extending Dark Omen even further.

Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: