March 28, 2024, 10:03:01 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Background is white  (Read 3417 times)
Shauky
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2020, 10:57:20 PM »

Hi all,
Thanks for keeping this great game alive! I've been a fan ever since I started Warhammer in the early 2000's.
I finally got it working again, I'm guessing thanks to the new mod pack on my Windows 10 pc. However, the main menu, background for the in-game map, and backgrounds for the troop rosters and talking portrait cut scenes are white. I've tried to add everything to the registry (had to do it manually) but although this did fix some minor issues, the white background remained.
Anyone else got this problem, or, better yet, a way to fix it? I've followed the steps and checked my virus scan and everything.

Thanks in advance!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 12:24:27 AM »

Hi and welcome. I would double click on the virtual store registry fix, in the mod pack. Otherwise just message me your teamviewer ID and session password, so I can remote in and rerun through the guide. Saturday evening 6pm till 11pm GMT 0 is best for me.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 08:56:44 PM »

Remoted and in and we fixed it by downloading and using the dgvoodoo control panel app.

Smiley
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:25:21 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
mills1234
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 07:00:10 PM »

Hi, I have the same problem!

I've downloaded dgVoodoo and set to the settings on the help page, but still getting a white background...

Can you share the settings I need to use please?

Thanks!

Just completed shadow of the horned rat (took a little less time than in 1995!), looking forward to playing this classic once again Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 07:15:43 PM »

Hi and welcome,

The help guide shows the dgvoodoo2 settings. Well done for finishing SOTHR.

Smiley

mills1234
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 07:18:06 PM »

Cool, found it.

I had the right settings but the dgvoodoo exe wasnt in the PRGENG folder...

All working now!

Cheers
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 07:22:42 PM »

Awesome, will look forward to some friendly multiplayer via GameRanger, after you complete the campaigns.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 11:31:46 PM »

Confirmed that latest dgvoodoo 2.7 has an issue applying its setting to its config file and therfore is unable to fix the white background issue.

However, the older version dgvoodoo 6.3 works fine, so have updated the Help fix guide and will ask Dege nicely to investigate.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 08:16:40 AM by olly » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: