March 28, 2024, 04:42:02 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 0xc0000142 At my wits end  (Read 4091 times)
civilcourage
Troll

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2019, 09:27:17 PM »

Hi folks,

Ive been trying for the last 4 hours to get dark omen to work and im failing miserably.
Im getting the error 0xc000142 after adding in the files from the how to guide (it worked before but with the flickering issue).

I think its because i dont have an english version of the game but i just cant find one online (my googlefu is also failing me and ive looked for a few hours now).

I'm turning to the experts, could someone help? Ive been wanting to start playing this game for a few months now and finally got round to trying.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 10:10:18 AM »

Hi and welcome,

as you say, you need an English UK version of the CD. I am away in Italy/Sicily for a week but will look when I return.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:16:36 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
civilcourage
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 01:46:42 PM »

Thanks Olly, much appreciated and thanks for keeping this site going, loving the dedication to such a great game!
Gotrek
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 05:12:23 PM »

Never give up!  Hex edited my file as per http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/windows-10-flickering-screen-t1323.0.html

No more flicker, full screen no issues thanks everyone on here! for the Great advice
---------------------

gave up again game plasy fine but flickers/double images Smiley  I'm using my own exe with your other files Smiley  and the changes below.  Guess I need to find a british game Smiley

-------------

Ok got it going again, removed the run in 640x480, removed run as admin, and compatibility mode from XP to win7.  works consistently now.   Not sure I can alt-tab yet  and it flickers  but I'm getting somewhere Smiley  and I can play.

640x480 mode is crashing because the Gefoce overlay thing which I disabled now.  I guess the alt-tab is crashing it and the fix is not working but I just won't alt tab.

-------- Wink

re-edit a poop only worked once Smiley  shouldn't of closed it to come post here Smiley

---------------

Holly heck I just fixed it by using a mix of my original install files and part of yours.  I'm using my own exe but your mod pack... crazy.

---------------------

Is there a way to make other CD versions work?  I have a French Canadian CD and I've tried everyting.  Is there a place to buy a UK cd?

I got to a point where I either get that error (using the mod pack) or I get a black screen, some audio and the game minimizes.  Maximizing it yields a bit more audio and another minimize.  CPU usage by the exe is about 40% so its doing "something Smiley"
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:54:10 PM by Gotrek » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 08:57:49 PM »

Yep, I will be returning from holiday next week and can help more but good to see you at least trying things yourself

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
civilcourage
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 08:19:50 PM »

Thanks for the info Gotrek, i tried the hex editing but got very lost very quickly. Ill see if Olly can help before i go down that route again. Im hoping having an english version solves all the problems otherwise my quest continues.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 09:07:27 PM »

Helpful PM's sent you all and I can always remote in using Teamviewer for further assistance. Although I will only be following each step of the Help Fix guide.

Smiley

civilcourage
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 09:58:01 PM »

Thanks Olly hopefully that'll fix it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: