March 28, 2024, 12:53:37 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hi! New in forum but old viewer of this site. Need Help  (Read 8219 times)
SuperLarroda
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2016, 12:31:10 PM »

Hi, First of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm from Spain.

My first time with Dark Omen was on PSX. I enjoyed it pretty much. many years later I downloaded it for PC (don't remember where) and I discovered a much better version than the PSX one.

Well. Now I'm here trying to play this great game again, but on a new PC with windows 10. It is being very difficult for me. I read the olly post but I'm having many problems with it.

First of all, Im searching for a vanilla version, without mods.
Second, the PC detects the download as virus.

Well, I ask for a "guide for idiots" to get the game and play it properly on windows 10. I need very clear steps for doing it because English is not my native language (as you can see I guess)
EvgenS
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 07:32:26 AM »

First of all, Im searching for a vanilla version, without mods.
Second, the PC detects the download as virus.

Well, I ask for a "guide for idiots" to get the game and play it properly on windows 10. I need very clear steps for doing it because English is not my native language (as you can see I guess)

Hello!
If I am not mistaken, there is no vanilla version to download just mods and guide how to run vanilla game on contemporary PCs with/without mods.
You can buy DO vanilla at Amazon for 10$ or use torrents

P.S.
Your English is absolutely fine
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 10:40:46 AM by EvgenS » Logged

Dark Omen Reborn remake project
https://blackdogs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOR/overview

"- Our steam tank has been damaged, can you help us?
- I'm not a mechanic..."
https://youtu.be/Xg6zzI4BxoU?t=27m6s
SuperLarroda
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 08:02:24 PM »

Ty for response.
And do you know if theres a guide to run vanilla on this forum?

Btw when i try to launch the game uploaded here an error shows telling d3drm.dll is not found. I guess I can't play it if i don't download all the mods... Do you know if theres a way to fix that?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 10:12:28 PM »

Hi and welcome, you can download d3drm.dll from our website

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/5.-miscellaneous/index.html

and remember that you can select original game from the mod selector and you will probably need the mod pack to run Dark Omen on win 8/10 as it contains fixes.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
SuperLarroda
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 10:28:45 PM »

Really glad to hear that you can run the original game without mods!

Well, In fact, I googled the d3drm.dll dark omen file and redirected me to this page (lol). You are for sure the best Dark Omen community. Grats!

Btw I tried to fix my game but got stuck again. I read a few posts on this forum and found an user with the same problem I'm having. He managed to fix it, but I really don't understand how to do it. I'm just "PC user level" and english is a little bit problematic for me too.

Here's the link.
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/intro-crash-or-black-ground-t224.0.html
SuperLarroda
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 02:04:55 AM »

So... No help here?

Happy New Year!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 11:17:43 AM »

See my previous advice that since you are windows 10 you require the mod pack that contains fixes to run Dark Omen on Windows 10. So stop trying to make it run without it as it also contains the d3drm.dll and follow the help guide. Then select original from the mod selector to play the original game.

Happy New Year!

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
SuperLarroda
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 08:24:52 PM »

The case is that I did it. As I said I had the same issue as the guy from the post linked above. He managed to solve it but i don't know how to do it.
Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 11:39:40 PM »

I can't be much help with the technical stuff but his problems by the looks of it were caused by running it on vista, is that what you're trying to run it on?

If you are then just try to do exactly what he said he did, if not then it's a different issue.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 02:45:32 AM »

Try my new YouTube video Guide ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Smiley

SuperLarroda
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 07:21:16 PM »

First of all, thanks a lot olly! You are taking a lot of your time just for helping me. I really appreciate it.

Hmm...

I'm still having some issues... The folders from my game are not the same and when I install DirectX5 this error occurs:
DirectXSetup Error
Returned = -1
SRCDIR = V:\

Can you offer me a link to download the exact game you installed?

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 07:00:29 PM »

Please check your messages

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: