March 28, 2024, 02:34:18 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Undead Campaign (as Mannfred von Carstein)  (Read 12592 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2016, 06:48:29 PM »

Already included in the latest Mod Pack download
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Let me fill in the gap and introduce campaign with Undead armies as main friendly force. Army is led by Mannfred von Carstein. He formed a treaty with Grey Seer Thanquol and is going to destroy the Empire.
He will face greenskins, dwarves, elves and empire forces during the campaign.
Most of the missions are taken from my other campaigns: Wood Elves, Dwarfs, Goblins. Necessary difficulty modifications are made.

Undead forces include:

1. Mannfred himself. Powerful in both dark magic and melee combat. It is essential to use him in melee especially in early missions. Use another unit for tanking and charge with Mannfred from the rear or at least flank.
2. Dire Wolves. (new sprite). Fast and ferocious. Poor armor, not able to wear artifacts. Still, this will be fastest exp-earning army for long.
3. Grave Guard.(new sprite) Extremely tough and potent. Weak side: they die when break. But they have high leadership and enemy usually breaks first. Use them to tank and charge with Mannfred or Dire Wolves from the flank. When Banner of Defiance is available, it suits them quite well. But cowardly skaven regiments miss it too, so it is a matter of choice.
4. Skeleton archers. Poor archers, poor melee fighters. Yet, they shoot better after they earn level 2 (+1 ballistic skill). Also, they never break, and sometiems it is useful: they stand till the moment you help them out.
5. Screaming Skull Catapult. Artillery. Worse than empire mortar but better than nothing. There were missions where it earned 0 experience despite shooting all the time. As Archers, level 2 Catapult shoots much better.
6. Zombie Dragon (new sprite). A monster. Causes terror and strong in combat. However it dies when breaks so one needs to be careful with it.
7. Blood Knights. Undead Cavalry. A bit weaker than Black Grail and can be routed. However, it is still a very strong and fast unit.

Skaven allies include:
1. Clanrat warriors. Their strength is numbers and high skaven speed. Despite being weak and cowardly, they are still very useful throughout the campaign and my clanrats reached level 4 before the end.
2. Skaven warpthrower. Light and mobile artillery.
3. Jezzail. Archers that use long-range pistols (I increased default pistol range for them). Very useful.
4. Clan Eshin Assassins. Elite killers. Poor armor and not great numbers, so they are unable to tank well. But they are very good at disposing of enemy wizards fast enough, and at killing when they do not tank.
5. Stormvermin. Strong skaven infantry. Better than clanrats at both tanking and fighting. Usefulness is close to clanrats because clanrats earn 2nd or 3rd level by the moment Stormvermin appear.
6. Grey Seer. A potent page, strong in melee. But usually he helps with 'here we go' magic.

Remember it is important for all units to reach 2nd level the faster the better. Banner of Wrath helps with that.
on later missions Banner of Wrath and killing enemy artillery helps to reach next level (2nd level +1ws or +1bs, 3rd level +1str, 4th level +1toughness)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 11:03:12 PM by olly » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 01:38:24 PM »

Sounds great - thanks, will look forward to playing it when I return from holiday

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Kyor
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 10:54:02 AM »

I can't download it Cry
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 02:17:58 PM »

It probably already appears in the latest mod pack.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: