March 28, 2024, 06:12:05 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wood Elves  (Read 42129 times)
shinse
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 08:02:20 AM »

Hello , I would like to ask what am I doing wrong ... because I get a crash everytime I try (Dwarfs / wood elf mods) and the game just crash when I start the mods for both (seems like im missing main dwarf unit sprite or something for dwarfs and also got problems with the elfs one )

Im using the mod selector and other mods like fair omen / goblins / chaos dwarfs works fine .
But I cant make to work Dwarfs / elfs mods.

Am I doing something wrong ? Do I need DO expanded to play the mods with no errors ¿? or I just miss something ?
Would be nice if someone helps me Cheesy

Currently just instaled the game & instaled modselector ( No DO expanded ^^U , still have to try it)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 02:12:19 PM »

There is a known bug: If you select a different mod different from the one you had when you started the game, it is necessary to quit DO and start it again. Otherwise the missions might not work. Let us hope that this is exactly your case Smiley
Could you try it?
shinse
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 10:13:21 PM »

Ive tried what you say ... for dwarfs it keeps crashing badly so i cant even start the 1st battle of mod.
For elves Ive got 2 problems , with 3d disabled I can play but I dont see my units (no soldiers just the banners) and with 3d enabled I get a blackscreen all over the map so I just cant play it ^^.

Ive installed DO 2 expanded too (im currently on it)
Also some other mods (elves/orcs/undeads/chaos dwarfs... work fine Cheesy)

Seems like the issue with the dwarf mod feels like im missing sprites or something , and it maybe the same for elves but im not sure about that.

Can I make something to make both mods work ¿?
Im running dwarfs and wood elves mod from the mod selector tool

Any other know issue ¿? or a way to fix it ?

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 11:06:33 PM »

Hi and welcome, I've updated the Mod Pack and PRG_ENG folder yesterday, so please follow this help guide to install it all ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
shinse
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 08:48:44 AM »

Ty it works now Cheesy .... but its a bit hard ^^Y
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 11:40:07 AM »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pa855rrdv523stc/Wood%20Elves.zip?dl=0

The latest version of the file.
Updates:
-Glade Riders now pursue retreating enemies. This way they are more efficient. (done via CTL editing for unit with id=25)
-Other minor adjustments.
Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 09:15:46 AM »

First of all. Thank you very much for your effort. I will try the campaign, that look like to be the newest and then, phearps, will be good because of all the experience made with other campaings.
Thank again.

Now, I'm going to ask for sotmething, be patient.
I know I'm asking a lot, but I've got a suggestion

Considering that not everyone is very good at following english speeches, it would be nice to have some subtitles (english is good enough for many players) to the briefings.

I don't know if it is possible, but if you can change the briefing background image, you can add subtitles directly in that image, in the bottom part (or where you want). It's not perfect, because the subtitles will be "fixed" for all the briefing (or you'll have to load a new breafing for every subtitle change), but it will be very good enough for everyone like to follow the plots.

Thanks again for all the effort
mattimus
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2020, 04:44:06 AM »

Very solid campaign and thank you for providing it! I am averaging 7-10 attempts each mission. Most resets are due to the glass canon wizard being taken out be a rogue arrow or cannon shot. The elves feel very 'elvish' with the fast movement and good archers. Each mission has been a problem solving one of figuring out which corner of the map to attach and how to position. I am currently fighting up the hill mission 10? maybe against undead vs. 4 screaming catapults. I will post results again if I continue campaign all the way through. Thanks Cuthalion!
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2020, 12:35:47 PM »

You are welcome  Smiley
Few players actually tested everything and provided their feedback, I appreciate. If there are bugs or weird things feel free to report and I will see what can be done.

Also, about a year ago I provided a lower difficulty wood-elves campaign - an alternative for those who quickly become annoyed after a couple of failed attempts. I am not sure if Olly has it included in his pack. If not, I will share a link here. )
happyman
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2023, 09:18:11 AM »

10 years after my last game from the community mods, I come across this and other jewels that were being polished at the time.

I was thinking of buying/playing Total War Warhammer 3... What for? If this wonderful game is more faithful to the original tabletop! Battle after battle with practically the same rules of Warhammer fantasy.

I have started with wood elves. Extreme and fun difficulty, you depend on mobility and morale (blessed spell of the falcons) because at the end of the day you have little resistant units and nothing armored, except for some units. I find the break button very useful in these units when an enemy charges against them. I'm in the middle of the campaign right now, I just passed the fortress... a fun puzzle, and I'm on my way to Silvanya.

A note to improve: in Olly's mod pack (thanks for uploading a fantastic tutorial on youtube) I think that it is not the last update of this campaign of August 2016, since the Glade riders DO NOT CHASE THE ENEMY IN RETREAT and this is a bit tedious.

Finally, I understand that in this mod it is useless to make easy decisions along the way, right? (do not help in the cities/allies, take the mortar... etc).

I am very happy to see that in this community you are still active and you have so much love for the game, it is appreciated as a player, I still have many hours ahead of me and I plan to play all mods! Thank you Cuthalion for making it possible, for your time and your altruistic dedication, also to the rest of the members that make up this site and who have made it possible to enjoy the game again after 25 years since its launch.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2023, 08:07:03 PM »

Welcome back and praise indeed, that keeps modders and everyone inspired to enhance Dark Omen even further into the future.

Many thanks and I will check the mod pack

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
happyman
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2023, 11:43:25 PM »

Finish the campaign. The last three phases were very fun and I was surprised by the final bosses of each one! The last one was complicated especially because no unit reached level 4 because I wanted to use them all and left them at level 3.

My summary of units:
Kornous's wild cavalry has disappointed me, all the time I was hiding it from the enemy, maybe some more model in it would have worked better.
Archery and Infantry are both perfect, very maneuverable.
The dryads are very resistant and serve as a shield.
The tree man, fantastic as always, once leveled up, he reaches T-8 and it is impossible for him to be destroyed if you engage him in combat with units with low strength.
Falcon Riders mostly do their job with the wrath banner. Hit and run.

It has been very rewarding overall. I'm going to take a break from difficulty, now I'll start the ork campaign (not goblin) that I've read is easier hehe, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it just the same.

Congratulations on creating this great campaign!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: