March 28, 2024, 04:28:06 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: an error has occured with the current Dark Omen installation, please reinstall!!  (Read 16277 times)
lordclaude
Troll

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2013, 09:50:27 PM »

Hello there. Just found this great website and its really got me wanting to play DO again. I rn a windows 7 64 bit laptop and after downloading a windows 7 compatible version of D O I get this message: an error has occured with the current Dark Omen installation, please reinstall!!

I have installed the game using the installer and everything seems fine but I cannot even get into the game at all. Ive tried running as administrator, used the .dll file that is here to download and nothing seems to work.

Can anyone help? Would love to play this again with my friend

Thanks in advance
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »

sounds like you downloaded a corrupted version or you are installing using daemon tools which i haven't used myself, as only have the original CD. So i would delete the

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen

folder and then clean your registry by searching for Dark Omen and Electronic Arts and deleting them. (Start -> run ->regedit -> Ctrl F ->) or Computer -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->WOW6432NODE->Electronic Arts ->Dark Omen

Then look for the setup.exe on the dark omen CD/image and right click to run as administrator (like you've done before) and install full version -> but before running the game for the first time, you should download the intro crash fix registry file

http://en.dark-omen.org/dark-omen-and-windows-vista.html

and paste in d3drm.dll into your

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\PRG_ENG

folder (like you've also done before) then double click on EngRel.exe found within your

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\PRG_ENG

folder and it should now run.

Smiley

FIX GUIDE ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7-game-fixes-t111.0.html

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/win-7-ultimate-64-bit-problem-t640.0.html;msg6031#msg6031
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:54:44 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
lordclaude
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 01:26:07 AM »

Thank you so much. It was just a corrupted download. Tried another and with the dll file it works great.

Thanks for your help- the menu music is bringing memories flooding back

Cheers
Rasputin
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:12:34 AM »

Hello there, i have the same error when i tried to install the file for EN_DEU_FR version. I tried another file English only and this one works but i'm looking for the game in French ( I like it better witn french voices ). Anybody can help me finding a working DO_FR ? Thx!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 02:28:33 PM »

Hi and welcome,

I don't have a French only version but could you install the working English one, as you already have and then copy and paste the French voices from the DOcd\Darkomen\SOUND\SP_FRA as a temporary fix, perhaps.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Rasputin
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 10:51:07 AM »

Hmmmmmm, what if i don't have Dark Omen CD??  Grin Maybe someone can upload a file with French audio for me. Would be really nice  :Smiley huh maybe if i install again corrupted file in FR language and just copy the French audio then uninstall it and paste it in the working DO in english it will work....
Rasputin
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 11:33:53 AM »

Well i tried to paste only the Sound directory from the corrupted version in FR and overwrite the original Sound directory from ENG working version but it didn't work. It was working in ENG first then when i overwrote the sound directory, i couldn't run the game with the same error message....as if i had installed the corrupted version and not the working one in ENG. Could someone tell me what to do to change voices in french and how to do it fine? lol
Sgt_Jenkins
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 03:18:27 AM »

Im also have a very hard time getting this game to run Sad

I'm having the same issue with the error message telling me to reinstall, I'm really stuck and have try'd all the options i'v seen sugested on this post. I would love to be able to play this game again could someone please help

im sure im just doing it wrong but if some one could spare the time to walk me though it i would be very greatfull.

I'm useing win7 if that helps
Chimpo
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 09:41:34 PM »

Hi All,

I have this same issue, i had the missing .DLL error first, but once i added this in I now get the "an error has occured with your installation..." one.

I have tried redownloading the game files (from old-games.com) and reinstalling but always get back to the same point.

Any ideas? Is there some kind of emulator i need?

I am running 64 bit windows 10

Cheers

- Chris
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 11:20:50 PM »

sounds like you downloaded a corrupted version, or try installing as Administrator.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: