March 29, 2024, 07:24:01 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: September Tournament - Fair Omen - Empire Armies  (Read 4857 times)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2009, 04:00:52 PM »

Please note that Fair Omen Armies use different costs for units and magic items so the following armies are most likely not usable in other rulesets.

Post your armies here after the tournament, PLEASE!!!

Imperial Mortar
Wood Elf Archers
Wood Elf Archers
Treeman
Outlaw Pistoliers
Mercenary Ogres
Flagellants
Flagellants
Bright Wizard

(Mage is LV3)

This army was my favourite one in the tournament. The mage had always great spells, the flagellants blocked other flagellants and grails of course Wink. And Elf Archers were used to rout incoming enemies... The pistoliers were quite useless except in the draw Cheesy battle vs. alavet.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 03:50:19 PM by Ghabry » Logged

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:39:02 AM »

at this tournament i used 2 armies of Empire.

Grudgebringer Crossbowmen
Imperial Cannon
Bright Wizard lvl3
Flagellants
Flagellants
Flagellants
Outlaw Pistoliers
Wood Elf Archers
Countess' Guard

this army looks mighty but the problem with it, that there is not enough meat in this army. luckily i never played with this army against undeads, but even vs other humans it perormed bad.. (won like 1 of 3 battles with it).
and with this army i lost first battle agaisnt itlerion (mage killed by pistoleters early and its failed instantly) and then lost to sipax. we had pretty close battle vs flak, and i'd possibly should've lost that one, but i did some mage assasination. mage was a very key unit there, as well as the cann (which stayed both til lthe end). at the early stage my flagellants charged and archers were shooting pretty much good, but in the middle of the battle i found myself with 2 flagellants regiment (with 3-4 units in each) and canon & mage against small in heads but big in regiments horde of flak. his regiments fleed from the battle early but then returned and it was OUCH moment.
it was like that: after all i have 1 canon and 1 mage, and he has  ogres, 2 regimetns of flagllants and x-men and elven archers, and he is attacking me. my mage had meteor, teleport, crimson bands and ray of the fire (best spells in the game imo), and i had enough mana to cast it. i meteored both flagellants one by one while they're walking to the canon, then i frozen ogres and cannon kileld 2 ogres in one shot(wow)and then i did some tricky teleport & meteor/ray action to kill x-men and elves (these bastards didnt fleed!). and it was finished by the cannon shot when its killed x2 last crossbowmen.. i feel little sad that it was so much hit-n-run tactic, but from other hand i felt like i was in rules to do that (cause i had not only mage, but cannon as well, otherwise i'd went in close combat). early i thought i will loose (cause, like, thre was 5 regiments agaisnt stationary canon & mage), but i managed to win... so advice is;: guys, dont forget about antimagic items at 9k... it will save your ass one day.

Imperial Cannon
Imperial Cannon
Bright Wizard lvl3
Flagellants
Flagellants
Flagellants
Flagellants
Flagellants
Treeman
Flagellants

ok, this amry was prepaired to counter 4-5 grails. and it worked well in our prelimennary test with sipax (vs 4 grails + 2 antimagic items on them). actually i think its very good build, practically unbeatable by undeads, and making superior damage to orcs. can be possibly coutnered with empire (especially on the good defending maps, but still good.
i used it twice, won once, and made a draw with gharby (see video!). unfrotunately i didnta had chance to meet grails with it, but it was good anyway.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 10:55:29 AM by alavet » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 01:54:02 PM »

I wonder, if one mortar instead of a cannon in your last army is more effective against grails?

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 03:01:43 PM »

maybe, but cannon is much more stable and easier to hit in this case. cannon usually mroe precise, and easier to hit, cause grails fast cavalry and might charge, and hard to shoot while they're fighting (but not hard to shoot with canon).

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 06:42:33 PM »

Imperial Cannon
Bright Wizard
Countess' Guard
Countess' Guard
Flagellants
Imperial Mortar
Outlaw Pistoliers
Knights Of The Realm
Imperial Cannon
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »

Wood Elf Archers
Mercenary Ogres
Mercenary Ogres
Mercenary Ogres
Flagellants
Flagellants
Vladimir Stormbringer
Grudgebringer Cavalry
Wood Elf Glade Guards

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 07:26:49 PM »

[Jeronimo]  Smiley I would like to post my armies, but im away from home and I dont remember all what I had.

Yeah, Flak's army kicked my ass. I still can hear my Regiments shouting " Jeronimo, Help us!"... suckers. The x3 Ogre Mercenary were my doom.

A funny moment: my cannon shot. I targeted Flak's wood elf archers, but my glade guards received the Ball Shot. Everyone died (my 5 glade runners with defiance. snif snif). Bad markmanship.

I admit im not very skilled player. Im average in the way: I can plan something very well, but command very bad (because lot of time since my last battles, in fact, no practise at all).

ito maquiesves
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: