March 28, 2024, 01:08:18 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: March Tournament 2010 (5k/15) - Empire Armies  (Read 5633 times)
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2010, 10:04:05 AM »

Empire Armies
post your armies here

Imperial Mortar
Imperial Mortar
Treeman
Outlaw Pistoliers
Wood Elf Glade Guards

Ok this is my empire army, got 4 wins with it and lost once to Olly. There was 2 close battles one with Olly where i had only treeman and Olly had 9/9 flagellants and 5/16? halbardiers well maybe not that close as flags managed to kill my tree and lost 4 of their own i think Wink
Second was with Alavet in final where we both had treemans that died thx to fighting each other and help of Alavet's bright wizzard, battle ended with my 4 pistollers vs alavets mage.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:18:13 AM by Wkurwiony » Logged
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 01:03:34 PM »

very good army even though need some (not too much) luck in map choose. hovewer treeman is very good itself, especially vs greenskins (can kill literally half army itself, if not get routed).

what can i say that mortair feels so "ghey" when you see incoming punch, especially with manual targeting. but anyway nice army choose!

will post my army when return home Smiley

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:18:23 PM »

Bright Wizard
Flagellants
Flagellants
Flagellants
Treeman
Wood Elf Glade Guards

thats what my army was. feels kinda imbalanced, but wk got owned me with his upper one (map was Alexebite Pass - very good for him, though)

second amry i used once, or maybe two i hvnt remembered much about it. felt treeman so much funnier to play so abadoned this one

Imperial Cannon
Countess' Guard
Countess' Guard
Grudgebringer Infantry
Grudgebringer Infantry
Imperial Greatswords
Imperial Greatswords
Mercenary Ogres
Grudgebringer Crossbowmen

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 07:25:58 PM »

I had 2 empire armies 1 matching alavet except swapping the bright wizard & potion for pistoliers.  I didnt use it cuz i thought it was a bit cheesy - shame i might have won a few games Smiley

My other army was :
Countess' Guard
Grudgebringer Infantry
Imperial Greatswords
Outlaw Pistoliers
Dwarf Warriors
Dwarf Warriors
Wood Elf Glade Guards

I played 2 games with these 1 vs alavets infantry swamn which i did fairly well as playing DO with a phone between your shoulder and ear whilst you other half bitches about crap you don't give a shit about is quite hard Smiley I should have won that if anything as he had no real fast or ranged units, and pistoliers should have worn him down.  i'm not sure what happened i presume he overan my infantry? Then he later boxed the pistoliers in a corner.

The other game against wkurwiony I did draw a bad map (the slyvania mine one), but lost mainly due to cack handling and deployment on my part.  I have to say thou I keep giving dwarves a chance but the always seem to fail, and with they're slow movement, when they fail they sustain massive casulties.  Next time I'm going to give up getting th charge with them and give them more ranks, and see how well they do I think.

Pro tip: unplug phone before playing DO  Smiley

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 11:54:26 PM »

Vladimir Stormbringer
Wood Elf Glade Guards
Mercenary Ogres
Countess' Guard
Grudgebringer Infantry
Imperial Greatswords

My Empire army, it did not too bad, altho it was weak in the sence of magic, maybe a firemage would have been better. Usually my empire armies are my best armies but my 2x crossbow expiriment failed me.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:04:51 AM by Flak » Logged

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 02:46:51 AM »

this my armie

X1 elf glade guard X 2 flags X1 treeman X1 crossbowman X1 imperail greatsword ( defiance and spell eater)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:02:37 AM by Ghabry » Logged

ito maquiesves
BlueLobster
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 10:32:53 PM »

Hi I'm making some 5k/15 armies but looking at some of the lists on the forum I'm a bit confused since many don't add up to 15.  Were they made on an older points valuation system?  (e.g. wkur's is 4+4+2+3+1+2=16 (lose the banner?); alavet's first is 2+3+4+5+2+2+0.5=18.5; and second is 16)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:20:34 PM by BlueLobster » Logged
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 11:33:54 PM »

its just that we really have problems with counting Wink but yes after tournament there have been some changes in point cost so thats why it doesnt match current table
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 09:11:59 AM »

yes i remembered treeman got nerfed after that tournment. not sure about flagellants, i think they stayed 3/3/3 for a very long time.

im counting my armies very carefully with paper and pencil so i doubt there was any mistakes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: