March 28, 2024, 07:28:30 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: July Tournament - Empire Armies  (Read 4393 times)
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2009, 09:19:24 PM »

Heya heya heya.

Since magic is for pussies and mortars are for cowards, here we go, the real army of the real men :

Shooting part : 10 points

Crossbow men 1
Crossbow men 2
Crossbow men 3
Stupid bowmen

Cannon fodder : 3 points
Victims 1
Victims 2
Victims 3

Dwarves : 14 points
Dwarves 1 (LEVEL 2)
Dwarves 2 (LEVEL 2)
Dwarves 3 (LEVEL 2)
With banner of defiance, banner of arcane, shield magic-eater, Ptolos, enchanted shield and potion of strength. 1 additionnal level of armor for one regiment.

Total : 27 points.

That just sucks hard. Upgraded and heavily weaponed dwarves cannot kill 3 BGK. :Smiley
And I'm not even talking about all the mortars/lobbers of my opponents... Forget the dwarves.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:11:03 AM by bembelimen » Logged

See you, space scorpion !
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 08:58:34 AM »

lol nice description
there is automatic tools which enable you to copy army lsit directly from game files: http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/view-details/1.-modding-tools/2.-army-editors/wh32edit.html

as for you army (if you dont mind some criticism) i think there is too much of crosbowmen, because on the later stages of battle they will be useless a lot, since all canon feed will be engaged in battle as well as dwarves and you will be unable to shoot over them. maybe 1-2 regiments of xbow men will be able to shoot carefully but not 3 at all. also so many archers is kinda hard to control, so you need fast arms and nerves.

also dwarves seems good by their stats but for soem reasons they usually sucks pretty much mainly cause they're slow. slowness means less flexibility and also virtually death if they're paniced, cause like any unit might overrrun them.

but anyway nice idea, and thanks for contribution! i want to see you skeleton hordes now Smiley

p.s. i guess moderators should make some job and rename this topic to the July armyubuilds. here is my:

Bright Wizard lvl3
Countess' Guard
Flagellants
Flagellants
Imperial Greatswords
Wood Elf Archers lvl2
Grudgebringer Crossbowmen
Grudgebringer Infantry
Mercenary Ogres

the main power there is a bright wizard. he might stop grail with fire freeze (killed DJ grails such way) get a meteor shower agaisnt humans (killed flak's army) and pretty suck against olly armybuild with superior lvl3 elven archers Smiley

overall i think its good army, not best, especially when faced with lots of meat or mrotair army but stands nice as balanced and multi0use army.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:11:16 AM by bembelimen » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 04:45:19 PM »

as for you army (if you dont mind some criticism) i think there is too much of crosbowmen, because on the later stages of battle they will be useless a lot, since all canon feed will be engaged in battle as well as dwarves and you will be unable to shoot over them. maybe 1-2 regiments of xbow men will be able to shoot carefully but not 3 at all. also so many archers is kinda hard to control, so you need fast arms and nerves.
If I could, I would take 4 regiments of crossbows. These guys are amazing, really. Wink
Cheaper than the elves, and not bad at killing dudes.

Well, mortars and knights are another problem...  Huh?

See you, space scorpion !
Crusoe
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 04:48:44 PM »

thx for post your armies , i am still a little confused on 9k/30 ruleset.  Very helpfull topic.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: