March 28, 2024, 05:39:58 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 14 Armies Modification  (Read 26511 times)
GrendII
Troll

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2009, 06:29:08 PM »

Greetings. This is a preliminary topic to inform you that we are working on a modification that will introduce 14 armies to Dark Omen.

We intend to make a new single player campaign as well as having all of the armies playable in multiplayer.
We will include support for an objective unit based multiplayer play as well as new banner icons and many new sprites.

The new armies will be:

Dark Elves
Chaos Dwarves
Wood Elves
Empire
Vampire Counts
Tomb Kings
Ogre Kingdoms
Hordes of Chaos
Estalia
Kislev
Bretonnia

Pictures will be posted later.

- Grend, co-founder of the 14 armies
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 09:44:52 PM »

When you told me the other night, that you and a friend

were planning a mod, i had no idea that it would be as

Fantastic as this, you certainly have the talent, so this will be

Great!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:47:01 AM »

Hot Sahara nights, this is wild!  (O.O)  -->  \(^o^)/

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 02:18:22 AM »

grend , iam making dark elfs, we could coordinate ? to work as a team, tell me please with who are you working with . my msn is ramirobelakor@hotmail.com. please contact me and we can talk about this project .
bye

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 06:18:55 AM »

hello this sounds great, would you8 mind to coordinate with olly as well? as you might see from his topics he seems to makign great sprites as well!

good to hear such news.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
mormacili
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 08:36:55 PM »

Hi i'm the other half of the mod team. Thought I’d fill you in with some more info on the mod. The 14 armies mod will at completion probably include about 16 armies. Here is the list:

Wood Elves
Dark Elves
High Elves
Dwarfs
Chaos Dwarfs
Empire
Bretonnia
Kislev
Araby!
Hordes of Chaos
Skaven
Orcs and Goblins
Night Goblin Warband
Ogre Kingdoms
Khemri
Vampire Counts

Each army will have a selection of about 8-12 different units.

As the old multiplayer prices are clearly flawed. We are working on a new system that we hope is more balanced. Unit statlines are mostly based on 6. editions books with adjustments to work with Dark Omen gameplay.

About coordination with others:

The high number of armies gives us a very tight budget for the sprite slots. Other people's contributions must therefore be on our list of priority units to be included.

To lordbraprus:
Grend have allready made a very nice Dark elf Crossbowman that we are planning to use a base for the rest of the Druchii units. If you want to make a contribution we need a Executioner or hydra.

We will have a beta out quite soon with aboutly 10-12 armies ready for play.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »

Keep us posted as often as you can find time to, I'm so excited about this!

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 11:43:39 PM »

Welcome Mormacili,

Fantastic Mod!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 05:55:32 AM »

how are u going to apply selecetion for these 16 armies? i guess with replacing .armd files every time before launching? or there is other way to do that?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
mormacili
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 12:47:34 PM »

The aud. files will have to be switched everytime you want to buy or edit a army, but as you can have any number og saved armies from the different races in the army editor roster it's not so much of a problem.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 01:22:38 PM »

Ghabry apparently has plans on making a tool that automatically can set up the army configurations you want. You might speak with him about coordinating these projects.

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 05:03:10 PM »

Ghabry apparently has plans on making a tool that automatically can set up the army configurations you want.
Are you sure?
I only planned a new version of Wh32Edit.
But because it will have cleaner sourcecode I should be able to add some buy army functionality ^^

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 02:04:16 AM »

Rob has made a Beta Mod Switcher that redirects the registry to a Mod Folder for the new Sprites and Sounds and Maps etc Leaving the Original Game intact and the Player simply clicks on the Relevant Picture to Switch between Original /Alternate Campaigns and Multiplayer Mods. However, as we are overwriting the 3 original Races we will have to consider how many alternate Mod folders would have to be created to allow the intended 14 Armies Mod to all be able to fight against each other. For example if Chaos were the Undead army and they wanted to play against the undead then in another Mod folder the undead would stay as original but this time Chaos would have to overwrite the Empire. I think Ghabry had an alternate way to xcopy files from a Mod Folder to overwrite any desired original Race which would allow Chaos v Undead combinations and also the original Dark Omen folder would have to be Duplicated by its owner to allow the xcopy to return Dark Omen to its original state by copying from the duplicated original files/folders, as far as i can remember, so i may be wrong...but there is definetly the ability to implement this Excellent 14 Armies Mod. I will post a guide to show the combined power all of the Mod Tools available, to allow almost Total Conversions.

Smiley
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:12:07 AM by olly » Logged

mormacili
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 11:30:14 AM »

The beta mod switcher sounds nice, but remember you don't need to have the same army files active. If I have overwritten the undead army with chaos and want to play against undead it's enough that I have the correct chaos files. Allmp.Aud files on the different computers does not have to match for the game to work. Strange, but i works Smiley
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »

i say, first ake sprites, armies, then wait for a patch or something like that, ....."step by step"

ito maquiesves
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: