March 29, 2024, 02:20:38 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Release v1.2 out: Rebalance and community wishes  (Read 24133 times)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 08:50:07 PM »

Just general feedback from the tournament.

Kislev and Bretonia weak sides over all. I think with Kislev you could get away with dropping everything but mage, leader, & cannon down 150gp.

Bretonia dunno, but Would it be possible to make the green knight a teleport unit with out it crashing the game as he's only 1 unit?

Gobbos seem weak, i'm not sure what you'd do with them, beyond my orignal suggestion of dropping the spider mage down to 300 gp, to give a bit of gold leaway.

I'd say the hyda's a bit too good for 750gp mainly down to the hellfire sword, maybe change to grudgebringer, or price increase?

Chaos Dwarf Immortals, I think they're supposed to be 1150 not 900gp, even then 16 units maybe a bit much?  Comparing mainly to Chaos Warriors.

Ghouls and zombies need fear immunity desperately zombies especially are more a hinderance with out it.  I think Jeroimo was right with 32 zombies being a bit too much could you reduce them to 28 please.

Grave Guard and Spirt Host seem overpriced/underpowered.

There are still some T7 artillery.

The Chaos troll seems overly cheap at 300gp, and the mage seems too cheap at 600gp with the free spell he gets.

Ghabry complained about Choas Dwarves with they're huge range, I think they okay as they are quite expensive and such a slow reload.  Maybe reduce units?

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 11:48:37 PM »

*chaos dogs missed the price hike I think (they still 300gp)

and also WK said he thought 4 ogres were too much.

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 12:38:27 AM »

IMPORTANT.

I saw last battle: Wkurwiony vs Rust.

Rust had 2 Slayers+Fanatics. At activation moment only 1 appeared. Is this BUG? No. What is it? I know.

Fanatics activate considering the number of units in regiments. I tested the number of Units--number of fanatics.
It doesnt matter the initial number, the patron is same for every kind of regiment. There is no symmetry.

1-11 units : 1 fanatic
12-17 units : 2 fanatics
18-32 units : 3 fanatics

Recommendation: Size Slayers to 12/12: At least they will launch 2 fanatics costing +150gc than ordinary Slayers.
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 12:39:31 AM »

yeah 4 is a bit too much if you spam them like i did but maybe instead of size change in price 750 for example ?

and well i would like to help you Grend with balance but my mind is melting when i start to think about it ;P i mean i know how it is i was doing it for 3 races and it wasnt easy but for 12 its unreal :]

well i dont know maybe ill get my thoughts toegether tommorow and ill write something smart Smiley
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 01:24:04 AM »

yeah 4 is a bit too much if you spam them like i did but maybe instead of size change in price 750 for example ?

I've been playing with olly and if you have a decent unit to stand up to the ogres you suddenly find you ogres break often and in waves its can be surprising.  Leadbelchers are a pain they don't justify 900gp, but 750gp is to cheap, olly said they were too strong when they had 3 b/s so maybe an extra unit?

I think ogre rely on fear and the occasional h2h combat win, lots of ogres = lots of charges otherwise it starts getting tough, hit them with choas or choas dwarves and your in trouble i think.

I think Grend said he was basing stuff around halberdiers being 450gp with 150gp increments.

Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 07:36:36 PM »

smkeletons absolutely outpriced, noone uses it at DO when they cost like 500, who will bother to buy them for 600? price should be much reduced, to 400 or so.
I see you all have done a pretty nice job lately with Dark Omen, but c'mon, why do the sketelons still this weak and unloved ? Huh?

Tongue

See you, space scorpion !
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 08:29:59 PM »

arrow ---*fly*---*fly*---fly*---> skeleton ->dead
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 10:35:30 PM »

in a singleplayer campaign test i has 1 vampire kill 135 skeletons Angry

but dont be picking on them they cant help it, they try their best, its not easy to win a fight when you only have WS2 you know Wink

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 12:16:04 AM »

I thought they be crap too till i put together an army mainly featuring them, and gutted several armies fielded against them.

Having a large squad size is a real bonus for a fear inducing squad.

16 Halberdiers for 450 gp is the standed, so +150 for unbreakable( but cumbles) and fear -1str -1w/s, okay they might deserve a few extra troops but they're not awful.

The main problem I've come up against is a series of 900gp squads which have really high stats (they'd rip apart bgk's out of the orignal DO) and 2 attacks, which simpley steam roll anything the come up against.  You can build armies of just those troops and womp anything.  They tend to have fewer troops (not all do thou), but they're just so tough you can't get anything to do damage against them before it breaks.

Grend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 11:13:09 AM »

Since I`m done with finals, and SC2 beta is down, I will put some work into making a new version.

I`ll try to take into consideration any feedback given so far, but feel free to give more!
I`ll also update the army list site, and try to finish the deamon prince sprite for this release.
Will be out some time during the weekend I suspect.

On vacation
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: