March 28, 2024, 07:07:56 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Release V1.10a Out now! Get it while its hot!  (Read 57362 times)
mormacili1
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 05:22:35 PM »

First, if game crashes a lot, try Game-Ranger connection instead of Hamachi.

Second, I would like Dwarves (or Chaos D) to have xbowen and give the Handgunners to Empire (or those in a horse, like Pistoliers). The true is that Chaos Dwarves are too expensive, so a cheaper range regiment is not bad seen (expensive catapult and some "cheaper" xbowen... 750gc instead of 900gc?)

Giving crossbows to the normal Dwarves and handguns to empire is a good solution. It have the added benefit of making dwarves and chaos dwarves more different.

The chaos dwarves gunnes got higher bs and cause panic. In my experience they are very dangerous and worthy of their high cost. Does anybody else got an opionon on this? Also remember that the Chaos Dwarves can recruit cheap goblins (an option that normal dwarves don't got).

Dwarves are currently considered to be an above average race on the par with elves. Compared to halberdiers (the standard 450 unit) they got 1 less m and I but 1 extra armour, WS, T, and 2 ekstra LD. If they preform badly I would think that a better solution is increasing the size of their unit.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:36:35 PM by mormacili1 » Logged

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 06:03:51 PM »

Yes, Chaos Dwarves have some Goblins (but without Potion of Strength nor Auto-deploy Sad)

Xbowen to Dwarves, definetely nice (600gc BS 3) Come on, MOV 3 is the most painful counter that a Regiment can have.
Anyone with MOV 3 becomes the most ugly thing in the world, because with DO engine, pathfinding is terrible (you will notice they move as if they had MOV 2).

The super fasty "hunting dogs" at 300gc, having 6 MOV and "unimpeded by difficult terrain" move as a normal regiment with MOV 5... Somehow when there are lots of orders, the engine starts working slow...

Btw, I cant download 1.1 version... perhaps is going to be released 1.2 before Tournament test?¿
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 10:42:35 PM »

Ohh the other thing has the "raise the dead" zombies been altered to match the normal zombie regiment?

For the mini Tournement (ps poor undead only 3 choices Smiley )

Human:
Bretonia
Dwaves
Empire
Kislev
Wood Elves

The download link isn't working for me btw.

Undead:
Chaos
Dark Elves
Vampire Counts

Greenskin:
Chaos Dwaves
Goblin
Orge
Orc
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:58:36 PM by Darkmancer » Logged

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
taintedhun
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 10:23:42 AM »

I can't download it... What is the problem?
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »

http://www.filefront.com/thankyou.php?f=16035053&k=0477ed4d3cbf644b67188121dd4599443e626427c6c1fb2b789d0a8db2c3c5ae

On vacation
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »

Well dwarves arent meant to ne played agressiveøy. If you try you will fail.
Nothing will be changed before the minitournament. If youre so sure about something make an army using it and win

On vacation
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 08:07:39 AM »

have u cracked DO so can change items abilities? if so would be ncie to change output of HoW to make its actually usable.

also it would be fun to see "lazer canon: which will shoot with Mage Rays.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2010, 08:36:24 PM »

ok it is fun to play this mod, but there is this crash issue

from what i saw it happened mostly with armies from undead slots maybe vampire counts, 2 crashes with Warhammerfreak and 1 with Darkmancer when they were using vampire count, dont remember what army Olly had but also 2 crashes with him

beside that i only found spirit hosts a little weird with their invurnability and never rout.. althou they got skeleton flag but are some of the other factions that dont have regiments with lots of models capable of destroying them ? only had one fight with them so dont want to be too hasty about it, would like to hear how others did against them

other than that great mod indeed
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2010, 08:39:23 PM »

"lazer canon: which will shoot with Mage Rays.

Since osiris can be given to any unit, this is easily accomplishable.

The whole crash thing probably has to do with some of the new abilities, need more data to be certain.

On vacation
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 06:06:41 AM »

no i mean that instead of shooting cannon bals or arrows they jsut "shoot" with mage ray (not osiris, osiris too strong). i mean automatically aimed?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
vonkeonig
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 02:52:15 PM »

Hey guys,

The download link is not working again, could someone please reupload the mod files. Thank you

Vonkeonig
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »

I have uploaded the latest release here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lk6zjjz482jshng/Release 1.2-Correct.zip
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:31:52 PM by Darkmancer » Logged

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2010, 08:25:48 PM »

If I was to use DOE in Conquest would it be possible to use DOE armies and then save them without losing abilities or magic spells?
In that case which would not be usable in saved armies?

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2010, 09:26:36 PM »

Currently DOE has random spells with a few set ones.  With Grend's permission it would be possible to have no random spells and upto 3 set spells.

The army units don't lose they're abilities when saved (except goblin spider sharman which has a POS which is obviously lost after 1 use).

You might have to think about items, some units abilities (like hydra's flame breath) is thou magic item use, obviously If you defeat the hydra you gain it's "flame breath" which would be out of context.  Also rerember DOE differ's in that only heros can hold items (and only one at that, at least to begin with), though that could be altered with Grends Permission.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2010, 08:36:05 PM »

Yeah agreed DOE isnt designed for this so it will have to be adjusted to fit Conquest

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: