March 28, 2024, 06:49:04 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Release V1.10a Out now! Get it while its hot!  (Read 57361 times)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 11:04:05 PM »

i have to tell you taht there is an error with the hidra, it is like a chariot , when the 2 men who lead it die, th hidra die , no matter how many wounds it has, and coudlnt you make it bigger? i mean it has de size of a cavalery man :S

like i did once ago

:S i just say, you know, if you going to make a hidra, make it has it should, you only have to expand that sprite :O

and you know, elfs does not have archers , only crossbowman

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 11:06:56 PM »

all cool with your job,, exept the hidra thing and the spiders and scorpions, because in tabletoip game, they are squad with 6 units as minimum , we all know that 1 spiders and 1 escorpion died before do any damage . they spent 1 unit slot and do nothing

ito maquiesves
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 11:52:58 PM »

with 6 units as minimum , we all know that 1 spiders and 1 escorpion died before do any damage . they spent 1 unit slot and do nothing
That is true, but at the moment the intention with these units is not to be a superfighter unit, but more of a fast, terror causing cheap filler unit. Not something to base your army around, but something to spend leftover points on.

Aware of the fact that Dark Elves usually have Crossbows, the reason for bows are a balance issue as well as the fact that their crossbows work more like fast bows than crossbows in the tabletop. Instead of s4 (Crossbows) they can shoot twice with low accuracy hence why they have bs6 (ballistic skill increases firing speed as well as accuracy)

The thing with the hydra does not make much sense to be honest, I do not understand how that can be as it is a normal infantry regiment :S

As for the size, we will see. Mine is more appropriately size compared to tabletop than yours though Tongue
The hydra sprite is butt ugly, and making it twice as large will make it uglier too.

On vacation
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 12:09:23 AM »

i think, my size is more like the tabletop game, campare this:

it is 4 men large and 2 and half men tall :S

and can you at leasttt please make 3/3 spiders and scorpions?? pleasee pleaseee and 450 or 600 gold please please, i will do all you want during a  year Tongue

ahh and remember to fix the hidra problem that die if the 2 soldiers dies . just delete them Tongue has spiders are not controlled by goblin master.

ito maquiesves
mormacili1
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 12:43:15 AM »

In Warhammer Fantasy battle a normal bow have 24 in range and strenght 3 while ha crossbow got range 30 and strenght 4. This seem to correspond to how these weapons work in dark omen. In the tabletop game dark elves use repeating crossbow wich got range 24 and strenght 3 (and armour piercing in the newest edition). The repeating crossbow also have the option firing double the normal rate at the cost of reduced precison.

Becaus of this we have in DOE made the dark elves fire as if they were using a normal bow, but with higher BS (wich in dark omen means that they reload quicker) to represent their higher rate of fire. This makes them function much closer to their tabletop counterparts both in visually and in rule terms.

A gigantic hydra would be really cool, but Grend's Hydra is really closer to the tabletop version (especially the 6. edition one wich we used as reference). Besides the monsterus size of your hydra sort of demand a equally monsterus statline wich probably would unbalance games involving it.

The Shamans spider is just a way to give him a small boost in combat and mobility. We have considered units of goblin spider riders, but at present I belive they would have too simlar role to the squig hoppers (the goblins may get wolves unit s to makeing them even more redundant). Agree/disagree?

and can you at leasttt please make 3/3 spiders and scorpions?? pleasee pleaseee and 450 or 600 gold please please, i will do all you want during a  year Tongue

You just wait until we relase Khemri with their scorpion swarms (normal sized scorpions that is).

Thanks for all crit we need it to improve DOE.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:50:22 AM by mormacili1 » Logged

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 01:09:16 AM »

@mormacili1: Will you be part of the mini-Tournament test of DOE this Sunday?
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 01:18:28 AM »

Did you consider giving empire handgunners? (infantry with pistols + low bs strength)

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
mormacili1
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 02:10:56 AM »

@mormacili1: Will you be part of the mini-Tournament test of DOE this Sunday?

Dark Omen have not worked online on my computer for some time now. Doubt the problems will be over by Sunday.

Did you consider giving empire handgunners? (infantry with pistols + low bs strength)

We have considered it, but because there so many other guns in the mod (dwarves and chaos dwarves) we decided against it. The empire archer will however be replaced by a new crossbowman based on the artillery crew sprite. I supose  this might change if there i a public outcry for handgunners Wink

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 06:32:11 AM »

how its logically describes:
Miners   3   4   3   4   4   1   2   1   9   3   8   900   Two Handed Weapons, Teleports

Teleports?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 06:55:16 AM »

Teleports?
Pro Tip: Look in the special rules section.
They have the wings of fire spell. But it has started to crash the game, so it might have to be removed.

I supose  this might change if there i a public outcry for handgunners
Outcry.

Dark Omen have not worked online on my computer for some time now. Doubt the problems will be over by Sunday.
Well it only does not work when you try to play me, so it may work against other people? Worth a shot at the very least Tongue

3/3 spiders and scorpions??
Tip: If you want to play with armies filled with monsters, I suggest you try out the Ogre Kingdoms army Smiley

On vacation
mormacili1
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 07:55:49 AM »

I supose  this might change if there i a public outcry for handgunners
Outcry.
[/quote]

I knew it. Traitor!

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 08:49:25 AM »

yes i understand i checked that they have teleprot. but i mean, is it from tabletop or what? why regiment can teleports, especially "miners"? Smiley

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »

The fluff behind it is that miners can go into tunnels at any moment and then come out where they want, to implement this they have chosen for teleport. But sadly enough it made the game crash twice vs me.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 12:23:48 PM »

yes in the tabletop you can make them appear behind enemy lines

On vacation
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 04:25:30 PM »

First, if game crashes a lot, try Game-Ranger connection instead of Hamachi.

Second, I would like Dwarves (or Chaos D) to have xbowen and give the Handgunners to Empire (or those in a horse, like Pistoliers). The true is that Chaos Dwarves are too expensive, so a cheaper range regiment is not bad seen (expensive catapult and some "cheaper" xbowen... 750gc instead of 900gc?)

Reconsider their Infantries to cost 450gc maybe. I think there will be much "elite troops" and no so many Basic Infantry (most races have "expensive" their basic infantry)
Dont forget Dwarves have MOV 3 = dying for projectiles or be easily surrounded & routed Sad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: