April 16, 2024, 09:16:12 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Public Beta Thread  (Read 13883 times)
Grend

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:02:26 PM »

This is the main topic of the beta release project.

There will be some rules of course:
-No redistribution of files
-Please ask before using DOE files in your own projects, it is still a beta so we prefer if you do not.
-Posting pictures or videos of your battles is mandatory! Tongue
-Feedback is also important!
-The recommended army size in DOE is 5k

The Hamachi Channel where this thing is going on is: darkomenexpanded
Password:

A new release of the beta, V103 will be put up for download later this day, in approx 8 hours. I hope as many as possible will be able to participate and give army feedback, find bugs, and take pictures or video of the project.  Wink
Changes:
-tons of graphical fixes
-Khemri removed for now due to stability issues
-Some army list tweaking
-Dark Elves and Ogres now playable
-Lord units have been set to 1 model and 1 magic item slot.
-Artillery set to 1 in movement
-All magic users set to 4 in movement

Think you can help out in some other way? PM me!

On vacation
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 10:48:16 PM »

V.1.0.4 is out
http://www.filefront.com/15857549/BetaV104.zip/

-Fixed firing bug with Leadbelchers
-Fixed visual bug with the Gaspodar Guard
-Fixed autodeploy bug on the Goblin Tribe

Please give feedback or take pictures when you use the beta package!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:38:34 PM by Grend » Logged

On vacation
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »

Due to lack of any feedback or anything whatsoever   Cheesy
This project has been moved back to closed beta and will probably stay there for quite some time.
Kind of lost the wind in my sails again due to this, especially since I got so many other games to try out:

Metro 2033
Call of Pripyat (It was okay, but Metro 2033 seems way better)
SupCom 2
SC 2
Assasins Creed 1 and 2
Mass Effect 1 and 2

So this project will still be worked on, but slowly and we will continue doing all the testing etc ourselves until some point in the future I think. This may change at any moment if people really interested in helping this project contacts me (And I mean really), or we finish it. There might be a version released for the April tournament if people want to use it as that months ruleset!

On vacation
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »

lol i didnt even know you made public beta released Tongue seems now its too late to join ^^ bump more grend
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »

hey you know i like this stuff and if it was like year ago i start test immidiately. but now im lazy and lost interest, sorry for that Smiley

by the way i see first 2 games sounds like a games based on a book (russians)
are u from Russia?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 05:30:45 PM »

Not from Russia, but I take it you mean: Пікнік на узбіччі or Roadside Picnic?
I like post apocalyptic settings and the East European version of it is quite fetching if I may say so myself.
EDIT: It seems Metro 2033 is a novel as well. Didnt know that, but it borrows alot of its concepts from Roadside Picnic although it is more strictly focused on a nuclear apocalypse unlike Roadside Picnic.

From now on I`ll spam things more. (this is not meant seriously)

But I would like to know if people would like to try it for aprils tournament?
That would motivate me to work making a great beta release for the tournament!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:37:10 PM by Grend » Logged

On vacation
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 07:54:01 PM »

Dark Omen Expanded is the greatest major sprite project ever to happen to Dark Omen! The combined efforts of Grend and Mormacili are absolutely stunning and having played Beta versions I was in total awe. By introducing new Races to Dark Omen, they have also produced new Banners for the new characters but have balanced the armies very well. All my Beta matches appeared very fair and watching a Dwarf Slayer killing a Hydra was a dream come true.

On behalf of the Dark Omen Community we beg you to continue, as this year will soon see new Units fighting on new Maps to allow a Total Remake Mod. Imagine our Promo movie of your new Races fighting on new landscapes and scenary -more than enough to attract veteran and new members alike.

I will certainly Vote to play this in our Tournaments.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 08:10:25 PM »

oh good if you actually could compose these armies with lsit of attrbitues so we can choose not so much blind it will be superior! i know its another handfull job but i deifnately (and i think most of us) will use it in tourney!

videos would be awesome! very cool idea man, maybe some1 can help you cause i believe its not very easy work?

///OT: as for Metro 2033 author currently writing metro2034 and bunch of other books

http://www.metro2033.ru

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »

That is a good idea, already thought of it but I will speed it along since I agree that it is an important thing when you are supposed to make armies and such.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:37:34 PM by Grend » Logged

On vacation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: