April 18, 2024, 11:39:17 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Expanded Armybook  (Read 12205 times)
Grend

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2010, 12:10:31 AM »

Well since there are alot of new units in DOE, I thought it would be useful with a compendium showing all stats and unit rules:
Click the link to go to the army book which will contain all stats for DOE in the future
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhwzpYrrq5rHdGM4RFJPVktHUlVKelluNHAxb3JBVHc&hl=en

So far included:
Introduction
Special Rules
Brettonnia
Chaos
Chaos Dwarves
Dark Elves
Dwarves
Kislev
Ogre Kingdoms
Orcs
Vampire Counts
Wood Elves
Tournament Rules
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:15:07 PM by Grend » Logged

On vacation
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 02:21:00 AM »

Very Cool and Detailed!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 06:54:57 AM »

looking at it and few questions arised:
1) is these rules supports multiplayer? i.e. rule5 for example? how you did this rule implemented (its game mechanics, isnt it?)

\\\Rule 5:
\\\Magicians are only level 1, but some have extra spells that are level 2.

\\\Rule 4:
\\\Only heroes and magicians can buy magic items. (Some units have \\\items included)
oh. not too bad actually if rule7 is really implementable which i doubt?

\\\Rule 7:
\\\Hero units contains only the hero, but you can buy more men for his unit.
isnt it hardcoded when you buy a new unit it will be supplied with full amount of troops? is "heroes" inside regiment is supported in multiplayer logic? (i read Gharby said its not, if im not mistaken)

looking through section Bretonia for example i see several heroes. for insance, Green Knight seems pretty overpowered - imagine treeman with regen + wraith + terror + unbreakable but with less STR for 750? Ouch!

alsmot same for Rune Lord with Anvil but he is 450

and how you can add troops to him?

also with heroes in game there should be resriction for 1 hero per army or something maybe?
i also wonder why grail guard has more IN than grail itself Smiley

p.s. went to other sections:

what is Bloodthirst, Crumbled, Wight Blade, Immune to shooting

-only bretonia have so many heroes Sad?
what the diffirience in bolt throwers of Dark Elves (same points but secodn one BS=10 for same cost)

also, i love chaos Smiley

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:28:38 AM »

cool some units seems a bit hard to kill on paper, but we'll see ingame

i got only one suggestion, about artillery units, i think giving them movement 2 is better than movement 1, with mov 1 they will need much more time to change target i think it was something around 5-6 seconds and with mov 2 they will need only 1-2 ;] unless you made it mobile some other way that i did hehe ;]

other than that looking good Grend
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 01:38:44 PM »

1) is these rules supports multiplayer? i.e. rule5 for example? how you did this rule implemented (its game mechanics, isnt it?)
These rules are all multiplayer. It all works ingame through mechanics!  Smiley

isnt it hardcoded when you buy a new unit it will be supplied with full amount of troops? is "heroes" inside regiment is supported in multiplayer logic? (i read Gharby said its not, if im not mistaken)
It works too I think?

The Green Knight is not very good at dealing damage, and since he has the skeleton rules, he dies alot faster than the treeman.

Rune Lord is not currently well priced Tongue Some heroes have the ability to get a unit, but not all.

There might be a tournament rule about the number of heroes, like only one of any one hero unit.

Bloodthirst, Crumbled, Wight Blade, Immune to shooting

There is a special rules page added now Smiley

i got only one suggestion, about artillery units, i think giving them movement 2 is better than movement 1, with mov 1 they will need much more time to change target i think it was something around 5-6 seconds and with mov 2 they will need only 1-2 ;] unless you made it mobile some other way that i did hehe ;]
We might do the m2 thing, Ive also gotten that advice from someone else and it seems like it is needed

If you look more carefully you will see that one of the Dark Elf bolt throwers fire crossbow shots with bs 10, that is the difference Wink
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:43:55 PM by Grend » Logged

On vacation
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »

still dont understand what is Bloodthirst,

still think we need to polish it but will make my suggestions later

oen futher question:
Duke with Grail Guard - leader  Immune to fear

does it mean whoel regiemtn will be immune to fear?

also:
Magi: Has the ability to cast spells without a delay, but cannot buy wizard items and can only cast 1 dispel and 1 magic ball at any one casting.
is it really implemented? intresting

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »

is it really implemented? intresting
It is implemented Smiley

still dont understand what is Bloodthirst,
It means that when an enemy unit flees from combat, your unit will continue chasing it until it leaves the table or is destroyed,

does it mean whoel regiemtn will be immune to fear?
If the leader is immune, then so is the whole regiment

On vacation
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 11:20:07 PM »

ah so you will put the "unknown" tick right? that the ragnars wolves have Cheesy

i wish you luck with your work grend , but if you make a lot of rules that players hae to activate it will some difficult maybe.. :S
 kisses my dear

ito maquiesves
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »

Hello Grend Smiley

I saw Armybooks and has very nice presentation.

Tournament Rules are in progress. I was wondering what happened to Items, perhaps you will write about them in that section (new prices, or limitations?)
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 10:35:36 AM »

Atm the plan is to give new prices to the units through the price editor.

@brap, i didnt quite understand this, none of the rules are "activated" by the player, it is all done in the army editor throigh creative use of it Smiley so for example the wizard magi rules are ingame mechanics, not some honour rule you have to follow.

On vacation
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 11:00:01 AM »

Perhaps you allow all Items, except some with restriction (like No horn of urgok/banner of wrath), keeping their original prices. You know preety well that both are too powerful for its costs.
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 11:17:44 AM »

True, but we would like to make all items viable for use. We will see, it is of course easier simply to forbid a few items, but it would make more sense to give them new prices I think, unless there are some challenges in changing the prices that I am not aware of?

Here is the thing though, in the lists some units have items when you buy them, and the only units that can use items except for these are the Hero units and the Wizards. Since these units have their own icons, and are more expensive than other units you pay quite a bit just to be able to buy any item you like. So in a way the only reason for buying a hero is for either BoD, BoW or HoU. I think that if it is used in the April Tournament, we will simply forbid Banner of Wrath and Horn for now, and make a better solution later.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:23:50 AM by Grend » Logged

On vacation
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 11:35:57 AM »

Ok fine. There is a program released by Ghabry to change Items (I think you know it).
Items values requires multiplies of 5. You are the best to do it since you know deeply your work.

Suggestion: Banner Wrath at 750 gc & Horn Urgok at 1500gc fine? It should work for 5k Armies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: