March 28, 2024, 03:53:11 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dark Omen 2  (Read 169089 times)
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 05:11:32 PM »

Good job Olly! I would have used less temple guards, but it seemed slighlt too easy fighting almost only skinks Smiley

On vacation
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »

Sorry for the double post but has anyone beaten the single player yet?

On vacation
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 12:57:51 AM »

I'm on the last and toughest Black Pyramids mission but lost too many troops on the way, so get overwhelmed by the enemy. However, the last time I played I began leading the enemy around the Pyramids, allowing me to fight against 2 or 3 of them at a time.

Great Game, fighting against so many additional Warhammer Races is fantastic!

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:53:16 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 02:41:20 PM »

Let us try and evaluate Dark Omen 2 as a multiplayer ruleset after the January Tournament

Most of us used cross-race armies (except poor little itlerion "jajaja" Wink )

From my point of view the ogres seem to steal all attention from the Greenskins along with Chaos Dwarves, they are too easy to make a strong army with, Orcs and goblins where not used much and had a hard time when they where.
The human armies also had many ogres involved and Lancers, despite the big army lists it seemed that only a few units where chosen as they where so much more powerful than the "ordinary" units
Undead armies had 2-3 black grails and some Druuchi warriors to make up the rest, maybe some wights or mummies as the only undead units.

Artillery also had an extreme impact on many battles esp the Rock Lobber shooting 4 rocks, delivering total annihilation.

These army books have massive potential but needs to be balanced rather alot to give more diverse army builds a chance

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »

flak i dont understand how you adare to make an observation  in a bad organizated tournament were the players did what they wanted with the races, it is obvios that mixing races you only will buy the best of each race, i played the tournament obligated to save the battles but, because if it wouldbt be like that, i would leave it because what you all were playing was like plaing age of empires starting with maximum resource sin the post imperial age... all the best units

i dont know what was the point of doing that, knowing that the regular , or basic units were going to be ignorated, what you did was a lack of respect of grend mod and work, and the warhammer world .... mortar with elf archers , lancers and grial cavalry?? mummies with dark elfs??  ogres with golbin chaman? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT?

so most part of your reply is spam of something that just should never have existed.

The idea of grend was to avoid crash problems and waste  of time changing the 2parm files each time you want to use another race, so he put  3 or 4 races with the most important regiment of them , and you just have to make an army respecting the races and not mixing them.. i repeat, this was a wasted tournament time ..

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »

It was still good testing and good fun to use new units but next time we will stick to single races etc..

Brapus/Iterlion- Skaven Army

I'd love to see a Rat Ogre amongst them!

jj

We can expand the Home Page Troops to include a new DOE2 section for these extra races, for fans to study and build armies from.

http://en.dark-omen.org/troops.html  

Smiley

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:09:37 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Grend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 04:14:29 PM »

It is not very balanced at all (Big surprise, since I never tested anything Tongue) Rock lobbers arent supposed to shoot 4 btw

If someone wants to take responsibility for making good pricing / rules, feel free to do so :-)
Kind of like how Bembelimen balanced the 5k15

On vacation
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »

Now no need to be harsh lordbrapus

I dont know the Warhammer world very well and has never claimed to. Regardless weather or not you cross races or not the strongest races still seem to have units too good for their price. We also dont want everyone to only pick between 3-4 races out of 11 if we didnt cross the races, so balancing is needed regardless. In my opinion Goblins and Ogres should stand an even chance against eachother, thats why i say its not balanced yet.

This was apparent in the DOEC where we used the ruleset for the conquest and many things where changed with the goal of making the races somewhat equal.

Maybe DO2 wasnt ready to be used in a tournament yet but it won the vote uncontested and all rulesets has a hard time in their first tournament

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Christophbs
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 05:56:13 PM »

I am willing to play DO2 alot to make sure we get some testing done.  Grin   hint hint
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 06:20:01 AM »

i will make a price and regiments sizes balance with JERONIMO what do think about that? Shocked a balanced having the base of no mixing races, so, the 4-5 regiments by race will have to buoght , without leaving anyone without buy Tongue

i was very angry, i just had to express the anger, now i am fine... but , that was what i think

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 07:43:17 AM »

i always love to read lordbrapus posts when they long (which is usually the case).

i like his style and expression and i like his English skills (despite i hardly can understand what he was mumbling when we talked by phone). Grin

as for the project - im such a mofo and didnt played it at all :-( but sprites looks awesome! but im so lazy to play it untill its balanced.. well single player campaing must be balanced enough but im lazy ass Smiley

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »

In that case ramiro i will email you the files used in conquest, they are somewhat balanced, just to send you along faster

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 04:04:06 PM »

i always love to read lordbrapus posts when they long (which is usually the case).

i like his style and expression and i like his English skills (despite i hardly can understand what he was mumbling when we talked by phone). Grin

haha f***er you make me blush :$ :$ :$:$:$:::$$

Oh! i am playing WOT :O i like rushinggg and spoting enemies tanks, despite i died... i make los of points by spoting and damaging some of the enemies tanks along my rushing :O

In that case ramiro i will email you the files used in conquest, they are somewhat balanced, just to send you along faster

Shocked what do i have to do with conquest files :O :O, just asking
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:58:01 PM by olly » Logged

ito maquiesves
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 07:19:22 PM »

You dont have anything to do with conquest files but they can help with balancing as they have the armies kinda balanced you airhead;)

Lindar
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 09:33:29 PM »

Hey People!

First of all: This expended Dark Omen is great! But I have a question. Is there any possiblity to get information about your regiments? For example can I read somewhere if a kind of ranged regiment is also good in melee?

And a question off-topic, what is the best/a good way to kill those damned goblin fanatics that are released from goblin regiments when you engage them? I've played Dark Omen alot but never found a good way to kill them, thus ending getting half of a regiment killed.

But anyway, keep up the good work and I will report the bugs that I will find!

Greetings,

Lindar

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: