March 28, 2024, 08:42:49 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dark Omen 2  (Read 169098 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2013, 09:48:31 PM »

Hi and welcome, it's a great time to join ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

Please follow Install guide for Win 7

http://forum.dark-omen.org/index.php/topic,111.msg310.html#msg310

and for multiplayer we all use GameRanger, so post here your GR ID and name, for others to find you or simply host a game and someone will join you.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/multiplayer/gameranger-a-new-place-to-play-dark-omen-online-t157.0.html

After that you can download Ghabry's Mod selector to happily switch between alternate campaigns and same for multiplayer, also includes his Map Pack for all 28 maps instead of just 8 original multiplayer ones.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tools/mod-selector-t1118.0.html

Hope to see you on the Battlefield soon!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
abcdeh
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2013, 04:03:15 PM »

Having troubles saving.  Should I create a folder? Where should I put it?  Enjoying the mod a ton! Thanks!
Reality
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »

Hi, so I just installed the dark omen 2 mod. But I think I must be doing something wrong?
I'm mostly interested in the added units in multiplayer.

When I create and army, stuff gets a bit weird Smiley
For instance. A human army, i turn to page 3 in the army book. It says Ogre Kingdoms over the large picture, and the picture is of an ogre of some sorts. Under the picture it said imperial halbadiers. In the description to the right side, there is a nother picture with an ogre, this time it says Skink under it. And the text description is about a troll.

What am i doing wrong here? Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2013, 11:44:40 PM »

Hi and Welcome, I've tested and get the same, so will sort it out and post soon...

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
thelastarmada
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2013, 03:27:55 AM »

Its the same for me, seems like somewhere along the line of packing the mod things got blended.
Reality
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2013, 01:01:17 PM »

Cool will look forward to the fix then Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2013, 10:21:31 PM »

There is no fix since there are approx 4 units of each race, as described on page 1 ->

This new version includes:
Multiplayer:
3 big lists instead of 11!
Instead of having many hard to balance lists, I decided to try having three big lists with the coolest units from all the teams.
Humans: Empire, Brettonnia, Kislev, Lizardmen, Ogre mercenaries, Wood Elves
Unded: Vampires, Tomb Kings, Chaos, Dark Elves
Greenskins: Orcs, goblins, Chaos Dwarves, Ogre Kingdoms, Skaven

After creating multiplayer armies, using 4 units of race they do appear correctly on the battlefield with the correct banners etc.. so basically the mod needs updating by Hex Editing EngRel.exe to give new names and also the new Troop Book pictures for the Lizardmen etc.. C:\Program Files\Dark Omen\Graphics\Books\Troops.

Eventually in the near future we will enough new sprites to fill whole armies, by using the Call of Warhammer 3d models to produce 2d sprites or reuse the Civ3 Warhammer mod sprites -> both of which I/we have been granted permission to use.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/2d-sprites/call-of-warhammer-3d-models-to-dark-omen-2d-sprites-t805.0.html;msg11491#msg11491

http://forum.dark-omen.org/2d-sprites/civ-3-warhammer-mod-sprites-for-dark-omen-t1165.0.html

But I'm currently working on new terrain maps for each Race (starting with a Chaos Guard Tower)

Smiley

thelastarmada
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2013, 11:04:42 PM »

Ahh so basically its far simpler to use the existing 3 army format.
and the "errors" are just place holders ?
Phew.
loooking forward to it olly

They just dont make games like SOTHR and DO anymore
andreycou
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2013, 10:14:38 AM »

Just downloaded this a couple days back and wanted to say thanks a lot guys for making this great mod. Finding the new campaign tricky as anything though.
Guess the real fun will be in multiplayer. where and how do i find players?
Aliendwarf
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2013, 02:47:59 AM »

Hello, I am new to this forum , but I loved to play the original game back in the days.

However I just reinstalled the original game on my cpu and got it to work, now I downloaded this expansion and was wondering about the following:

When I click on Start new campaign, it is just the normal campaign..I play humans with different banners and the special abilitys of my enemies are pretty strong...

but basically this is the normal campaign , I must admit I just played the first 2 levels... did I miss something?

I installed the expansion the right way, because I can read in the main menue that it´s the expansion I am playing...

but I thought there are new races to play and new campaigns I can play...or do I have to download something else from this forum to play a diffrent campaign?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2013, 10:42:11 PM »

There is a campaign but the creator's were too busy making the sprites than concentrating on the Single Player, so carry on playing to encounter the other races.

Smiley

ClemFandango
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2014, 09:43:49 PM »

I have downloaded the game, extraced the files and added the install files to the Dark omen file and replaced the existing files. When iload the game it is just the original Dark Omen, what am I doing wrong?

Cheers
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2014, 10:07:12 PM »

Unfortunately it sounds like you haven't copied it into the right places as does work normally. However if u revert back to original version then u can download our Mod Selector and also some top mods such as DOE2.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fnnkq89xdjy75m0/DarkOmenMods.zip

Smiley

ClemFandango
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2014, 10:21:11 PM »

Ok, are there any step by step installation guides anywhere I can use? As I just get the original game.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2014, 01:04:32 AM »

Download the mod zip above (contains only 3 folders) and rename your original PRG_ENG and SaveGame Dark Omen folders -> so you can extract and copy the replacement new PRG_ENG and SaveGame, along with the new Mods folder into C:\Program Files\Dark Omen etc.. Then launch EngRel.exe from within the new pasted PRG_ENG folder.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tools/mod-selector-t1118.0.html

The new EngRel.exe is actually modded to allow full 3d mode from within the game's options but u will need to right click it and select Properties to set run in 640 screen resolution and set desktop to 16bit or any problems just use the EngRelNo3d.exe or set to CPU mode not full 3d within game options.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/3d-mode-and-win8-dark-omen-t1164.0.html;msg12254#msg12254

Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:09:55 AM by olly » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: